Climb aboard a vintage Vespa for an insider's glimpse of the 'Eternal City' with this one and a half hour tour. A local guide will be in charge of the driving while you hold on for the ride through the ancient city gates and along the Tiber River. During the trip, the driver's commentary will include some local history and tips on where to find Rome's best gelato and espresso. The journey ends at Villa Borghese with time to explore the gardens and includes an organic picnic complete with prosecco.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All necessary equipment included
- Lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tour
This two-wheel trip through the 'Eternal City' begins at the tour office in central Rome at 11am where you will meet your guide. No training is needed to hop on the back of a vintage Vespa; the guide will do all the driving.
In the hands of a local, you will zip past traffic, through the ancient city gates and along the Aurelian Walls and Tiber River. After admiring views of the Colosseum and the ruins of ancient Rome, you will head off the beaten path to streets and alleys beloved by Romans. You will have the chance to drink from a famous Roman fountain, visit the Aventine Hill and its Orange Garden, and peer through the city's famous keyhole. Your guide will point out local attractions, including the remains of Roman aqueducts and baths. This scenic tour travels at no more than 30 km/h and the driver's commentary ranges from local history to the inside scoop on where to find Rome's best espresso and gelato.Â
The one and a half hour ride wraps up at Villa Borghese for an organic picnic (prepared by a local bistro) with prosecco. Explore the gardens, eat, relax, and then return to your hotel on your own.Â
Inclusions for Vintage Vespa Tour With Gourmet Picnic Experience At Villa Borghese
- Bottled water and Italian prosecco included
- Organic picnic lunch prepared by local bistro
- Picnic towel for relaxing in the gardens
- A local driver/guide
- Fuel surcharge
Exclusions for Vintage Vespa Tour With Gourmet Picnic Experience At Villa Borghese
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Itinerary:Sample picnic menu:
- Wholegrain pie with organic vegetables
- Organic salad from the garden
- Salted Rice with organic vegetables and marinated grilled chicken
- ½ Bottle of Prosecco "Castello di Giol" per person
- Chocolate and walnuts cake
- Bottle of water
- Picnic towel
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum drinking age is 18
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of two people per booking is required
A maximum of 10 people per booking
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.