Experience the immensity of ancient Romes most iconic symbol on this Express Colosseum tour with privileged direct access to the Arena Floor through the recently opened Gladiators Entrance, without the lines, crowding and long security checks that characterize the other entrances! Whats more, this VIP tour starts with an unforgettable buffet breakfast at one of Romes finest hotels with breathtaking views over the Forum from its world-famous terrace.
- Breakfast included
- Excellent value for money
- Small group ensures personal service
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Start your day, and your appointment with the Colosseum, right with a buffet breakfast at a premier Rome hotel whose terrace is acclaimed throughout the city as having one of the best views of the Forum. Watch as its columns and capitals bask in the morning light, while choosing from a selection of bacon, sausages, made to order eggs, fruit, jam, pastries, yogurt, coffee and juice with dedicated service. When the weather is good, you will even be able to enjoy the morning feast in the even more spectacular setting of the hotels uncovered terrace reserved for your group alone. After breakfast enjoy a relaxing stroll taking in the Forum from the street with your guides commentary before reaching the Colosseums recently opened Gladiators Entrance.
Take in the glory and majesty of Rome at the height of its power as you walk on the very same stones as those who came to fight here in gladiatorial combat, treading in their footsteps out onto a partial reconstruction of the arena floor, looking up at the tiered ruins that were once filled with some 50,000-80,000 bloodthirsty spectators.
You are sure to hear their echoes as your eyes are drawn upward, your body turns and your mind is boggled by the elegance and engineering prowess of what was once the largest structure of its kind in the world, all from this unique 360 view, as a local expert guide reminds you of its dramatic purpose in a narrative that goes beyond anything Hollywood could dream up.
Home to the gladiatorial games, exotic staged hunts, theatrical executions and even mock sea-battles, this 1.5-hour Colosseum tour explores the Arena Floor with its awe-inspiring perspective, up-close views of the underground area where the spectacle was brought to life, and the panorama from where the Emperors box once stood, all special access areas that standard ticket holders dont get to see.
In addition, you will follow your guide up to the second level to see what the crowds saw, tracing the Colosseums circumference in an effort to understand what it must have been like when the stands were packed, the crowds were roaring and a gladiators destiny hung on their whims.
No other itinerary allows you to see the Colosseum from the two most impressive above and below viewpoints in such a compact time frame. After the tour you will also have the option of following your guide for Skip the Line access to the Roman Forum. Here you will be taken to the best vantage point for a short introduction into its history and most famous monuments before visiting them on your own, enriched by your guides expert knowledge. You will also be able to hike to the top of the Palatine Hill for an exceptional birds-eye perspective over the Forum and Circus Maximus.
Inclusions for VIP Colosseum Express Tour: Forum-View Breakfast With Gladiators Entrance And Arena Floor
- American/Continental Buffet Breakfast
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Privileged Colosseum Arena Access
- 1,5h guided tour of the Colosseum
- Optional Skip the Line for the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
Exclusions for VIP Colosseum Express Tour: Forum-View Breakfast With Gladiators Entrance And Arena Floor
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This service ends outside the Colosseum.
Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Colosseum does not have any cloakroom facilities in which to store such items.
Please note that the dress code for the restaurant is smart casual. The restaurant does not permit athletic or sports uniforms, torn clothing, slippers, beach sandals, and flip-flops. Gentlemen must avoid shorts, and open shoes.
It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated & missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
On this tour, some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers an extended tour in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Skip The Line: Ancient Rome And Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
- Skip The Line - Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel And St Peter's Basilica Half-Day Walking Tour
- Pompeii And Amalfi Coast Semi-Private Day Trip From Rome
- Christian Rome Afternoon Tour
- Rome In One Day Segway Tour
- Exploring Rome Beyond Sights - Through Flavors, Walks, And People
- Rome Bike Tour - Rome Jubilee Bike Tour
- Rome By Train - Vatican Museum
- Self-Guided Priority Access Ticket Including Ancient Rome And Vatican Museums
- Beyond The Ordinary Tour