VIP Versailles Palace And Gardens Including Chef Ducasse Gourmet Lunch In The Chateau - ParisWrite a Review
Embark upon our guided visit to the Chateau de Versailles, the world-renowned royal residence of Louis XIV. Admire the shining Hall of Mirrors, designed to infinitely reflect the Sun King’s brilliance across the world. Wander through the richly appointed state apartments, where kings and queens once received the elite. Your certified English-language guide will make the French royals come alive for you, in all their extravagance and excess. We guarantee ideal visiting conditions by limiting group size. Once you’ve experienced the palace and the gardens, a final luxury is included: a refined gourmet lunch within the palace, at the splendid Ore restaurant managed by famous master chef Alain Ducasse.
- Dine like a king at the sumptuous new restaurant Ore
- King and Queen's Grand Apartments & Hall of Mirror
- Gardens with Musical Fountain Show or Musical Gardens when running
Know More about this tour
Your guide will meet you in downtown Paris and accompany you to Versailles by local train. Once you reach the Chateau, you’ll begin your trip through time as you gain a vivid understanding of the royal personalities who inhabited the site. Versailles was the most splendid capital in the world during the 17th century reign of Louis XIV. Courtiers and diplomats came from all over Europe to admire the decor and curry favor with the king. Crowds are still lining up at the gates today, but our pre-reserved appointed entrance will guarantee you direct access, and your friendly local guide will ensure you see all these rooms and halls have to offer.
You’ll hear about how the royal family was continuously on display, how they subjugated the proud nobles, and recaptured preeminence in fashion and art production from Italy back to France. Enjoy astonishing anecdotes about the lavish lifestyle of Marie Antoinette, and you’ll understand how uncomfortable she was at this public palace, preferring her private domains. Her excesses at Versailles failed to impress the French people, and in 1789 she fell from power never to see the palace again.
Upon completing your tour of the royal apartments, your guide will accompany you through the luxurious gardens of Versailles, the setting for promenades, performances, and pyrotechnics! On days when the fountains are active, you’ll appreciate the added value of the elegant and omnipresent bubbling jets of water.
At the end of your visit, you’ll enjoy a delicious meal in an exclusive and refined setting. The brand new Ore restaurant, opened in 2016 in the 18th century royal apartments, features fine French cuisine by award-winning chef Alain Ducasse. Ducasse is known for his inventive cooking using fresh, local products to assemble classic and modern dishes. Your memorable Versailles experience will conclude in style with beautiful views and fine French flavors.
Inclusions for VIP Versailles Palace And Gardens Including Chef Ducasse Gourmet Lunch In The Chateau
- Reserved entry time and all tickets to the Palace and Gardens of Versailles, including tickets to the Musical Gardens and Fountain shows when running
- 3 course lunch (see details below)
- Return transportation from central Paris to Versailles by RER train
- Expert, English speaking guides
- Small groups limited to 15 people or fewer
- Headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide
Le Menu des Courtisans
The Courtiers Menu is a 3-course meal including beverages (one glass of red or white wine*, also mineral water and coffee) and as it says in the name the quality of its food will make you feel you are one of Louis courtiers.
This menu is according to seasons and changes in order to offer you a different experience each time you come.
Should you have any specific diet (vegetarian, lactose free, gluten free, etc.), add the information on booking. To make sure we meet all your specific needs, specifically in case of allergy or vegan diet, the restaurant will need these informations within 7 days prior to the tour.
* CÔTES DU RHÔNE Château Saint-Roch 2016 or CÔTES DU RHÔNE Les Portes du Castelas - Grandes Serres 2015)
* 18 years old is the minimum drinking age in France.
Exclusions for VIP Versailles Palace And Gardens Including Chef Ducasse Gourmet Lunch In The Chateau
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.