OverviewImmerse yourself in the wild beauty of Hawaii’s volcanoes on a full-day tour via helicopter, coach and foot. Venture deep into volcano territory as you fly over Kona to reach the Big Island's Volcanoes National Park for a tour with your expert guide. Snap pics of the shape-shifting lava flow from above, and learn about the natural history of Hawaii throughout a memorable day of touring in the air and on the ground. Want to guarantee you get a window seat on the helicopter? Be sure to upgrade to the preferred seating option.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Qualified and professional pilot
Know More about this tourMake your way to Kona International Airport to meet your expert pilot and board your luxury Bell 407 helicopter. At liftoff, soak up the views afforded by extra-large sliding windows. Two-way radio communication allows you to hear informative commentary from your pilot and to ask any questions about the sights you see as you fly.
En route to Volcanoes National Park, your pilot takes you over the world-famous Kona coffee growing region and past three towering volcanoes: Hualālai, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. As you fly over the national park, catch a glimpse of its most famous volcano, Kilauea. Your pilot scopes out the best volcanic activity that day, often a scene only on view from the air.
After taking in the park from above, get a ground-level view when you touch down in Hilo. Your group is joined by an expert forest and trail guide for a drive to Volcanoes National Park to explore on foot and by coach. Your guide shares facts about the geologic and natural history of the park on easy walks of up to two miles. View remarkable volcanic formations and diverse geography as you walk through native rainforest and visit the Thurston Lava Tube, a long hollow formation created by flowing lava. Admire the Kilauea volcano, one of the world’s most active volcanoes that has been regularly erupting since 1983. It's also the legendary home of Hawaiian fire goddess Pele.
Enjoy a picnic lunch at a scenic spot during your time in the park. On the leisurely return flight to Kona, your pilot flies over rugged valleys and the remote coastline for stunning views of lava flows, waterfalls, and the white and black sand beaches of the Pololu Valley and Kawaihae. Return to Kona Airport in time to enjoy the sunset at the end of your tour.
Inclusions for Volcano By Air And Land: Helicopter, Coach, And Walking Tour Of Volcanoes National Park From Kona
- Helicopter tour
- Hotel trasportation is included from select hotels only
- Two-way headset communication with your pilot
- Live commentary on board
- Ground transportation to and from Hilo airport and within Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park
- Park entry fees, walking staffs, rain gear, warm wear, daypacks
- Deli style lunch with assorted beverages
Exclusions for Volcano By Air And Land: Helicopter, Coach, And Walking Tour Of Volcanoes National Park From Kona
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to weather, flights may be 100 to 120 minutes in length
Your safety is our #1 priority; in order to ensure the safety of all passengers, customers that weigh between 265-315lbs must pay a $50 capacity fee at the time of check-in. Guests will be guaranteed a window seat.
All guests weighing over 315lbs will be required to purchase an additional seat at a discounted price. Guests will be guaranteed a window seat. The additional seat may not necessarily be next to them, as the additional seat purchase is a way to safely balance the aircraft. All guests over 315lbs will be required to perform a safety belt fitting no less than 24 hours prior to tour.
All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
Helicopter holds 6 passengers; larger groups may be separated
For a guaranteed window seat, make sure to upgrade to the window seating option
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.