Volcanoes National Park Small Group Twilight Tour - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
OverviewJourney through Hawaii Islands incredible range of ecosystems and climate zones before experiencing first-hand the phenomena that makes it all possible an erupting volcano. This in-depth experience with a National Park certified interpretive guide will reveal the mysteries surrounding many of the parks most impressive sites. This small-group tour is limited to 14 people to provide a more personalized experience.
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Dinner included
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourBegin your 12-hour, small-group tour with a visit to see two of the world's largest volcanoes, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. The region is locally known as the Saddle, and it's also home to some of the rarest plants and animals in the world. After a brief stop for lunch at Mauna State Park, continue east towards Hilo to explore a lava tube. Here you'll turn on your provided flashlight and look around these spellbinding passages that once carried molten rock from Mauna Loa's upper rift zones to the ocean.
From there, head into Hawaii Volcanoes National Park via the Crater Rim Drive. The park, which is both a World Heritage Site and International Biosphere Preserve, is filled with must-see spots such as the active Kilauea. Throughout the afternoon, your guide leads your group on moderate 1.5-mile (2 km) hikes, with breaks in between, along mostly flat trails; if need be, you can use provided walking sticks in areas with uneven or muddy terrain. Since Pele (the fire goddess said to live here) is unpredictable, its not guaranteed that you get to see lava flowing firsthand on this hike, but your guide will do their best to take you to prime viewing spots if the conditions are safe.
When Kilauea isn't erupting, you actually get to walk the summit caldera, peer down steam vents, and marvel at the cinder fields. Such dramatic displays aren't the only natural wonders of the park. You'll also explore trails carved into a native rain forest before you head to a spot where you'll get to see active lava glowing at twilight.
Your Big Island volcano tour includes a delicious picnic style dinner.
Inclusions for Volcanoes National Park Small Group Twilight Tour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (at select hotels)
- Entrance fees
- Walking sticks and flashlights
- Rainwear and daypacks
- Filtered Water
- Lunch and dinner
Exclusions for Volcanoes National Park Small Group Twilight Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A maximum of 14 people per booking
Minimum age is 8 years
Guests should be prepared to walk short distances of 0.5 to 1.5 miles on uneven and rocky terrain
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Waterfall Rappelling Adventure: 120 Foot Drop, 15 Minutes from Hilo
- Guided Outrigger Canoe Tour in Kealakekua Bay
- Zodiac Raft and Snorkeling Expedition in Kealakekua Bay
- Pearl Harbor History Remembered Tour from Ko Olina
- Small Group Surf Lesson
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Full-Day Tour from Kona
- Endangered Birds Of Hawaii
- Guaranteed Manta Ray Night Snorkel