This small group tour to Volendam and Zaanse schans will show you the highlights of the countryside of Amsterdam. Zaanse schans is famous for its historical atmosphere, authentic warehouses and working windmills. This is one of the few places in Holland where there are still multiple working windmills on one place. The highlight of our visit to this lovey village is the tour through a windmill. You are invited by the miller to enter the windmill. The miller will explain you all the interesting facts about his windmill and you will notice the passion and love the miller has for its windmill. A fascinating experience! Now on to the vibrant fishing village of Volendam. Located on the shore of the Ijselmeer, it’s harbor is lively and busy. The Ijselmeer is a fresh water lake since the Enclosing dike closed it off from the sea in the 1930’s. Before this happened, there was the Zuiderzee, a proper sea. Due to its location on the Zuiderzee, Volendam thrived in the fishing industry and trade. You can still feel this atmosphere on the “Dijk”, the center of Volendam and in the many quality fish restaurants. Another highlight of the tour is the visit to the Volendam Museum, where you will be educated about the traditions of Volendam, including the traditional clothing, music and habits. After the visit to this museum, we will visit the Cheesefactory. Here you will learn everything there is to know about cheese. And of course the most important part is tasting! When you are done with tasting, you can explore the “Dijk” on you own. Try a delicious lunch in a fish restaurant or another local dish like “poffertjes” (not included). When everyone is satisfied, we will return to Amsterdam by a scenic drive trough the countryside.
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 5 Hrs
Departure Details :
Multiple pickup point
- Visit Zaanse Schans
- Visit the Ijsselmeer which is a fresh water lake
- Visit to the Volendam Museum
Know More about this tour
- Deluxe coach
- Tour in a windmill
- Entrance to Volendam Museum
- Demonstration and tasting in Cheese factory
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 48 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.