Volendam, Edam And Windmills Tour From Amsterdam
OverviewFrom the churning windmills in the Zaanse Schansto the cheese weighing house in Edam, this tour highlights everything typical Dutch. See the beautiful landscapes of North Holland andexplore the traditional fisherman village of Volendam on a 5 1/2 -hour guided tour from Amsterdam.Learn about clog making in the wooden shoe shop and try some tasteful Edam cheese.
- Explore the historic windmills of ZaanseSchans
- See the cheese weighing house in Edam
- Learn how Dutch cheese is being made in an old farm
- Stroll the twisting streets of Volendam, and soak up the fishing village atmosphere
- Watch traditional craftsmen at work, making clogs and other artifacts
- Marvel at the landmark monuments of Volendam, including the old fish auction rooms
- Instant Confirmation
- All entrance fees included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tour
Escape the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam on a half-day guided tour of the Dutch countryside, starting with a 20-minute drive to the windmill village of Zaanse Schans. This outdoor conservation area is situated on the banks of the Zaan River and is home to traditional 18th and 19th century architecture, including several functioning windmills.
Watch live demonstrations of craftsmen at work, including a clog maker crafting the famous wooden shoes of the Netherlands. There will be some free time to explore the villageon your own, before traveling through the distinctive polders (land reclaimed from the water) of the Beemster area.
From there continue on to Edam, also commonly referred to as the pearl of the Zuiderzee. Edam’s ancient streets and tranquil canals are lined by beautiful 17th century buildings, including the leaning Carillon tower, the Great Church, and town hall. Most famous in Edam is beyond any doubt the public weighing house, where in summer still every Wednesday the famous Edam Cheese is being sold. After a stroll around this history-rich town, you’ll have the opportunity to see how Edam’s world-famous cheese is made and, of course, to taste it in a closebycheesefarm.
Finally, you will stop in the beautiful seaside village of Volendam. This typical fishing village with its bustling harbor has been a major tourist attraction as early as 1875. People come from all over to see the small buildings and houses and take in the locals in their traditional Dutch clothing. This is a great place to pick up souvenirs for those at home or a memento for yourself, and to have photos taken in traditional Dutch costume. Your guide will take you on a short walk through the oldest parts of the city, exploring a labyrinth of twists and turns to sites such as St. Vincent’s Church, the wooden Stolphoevekerk and the Visafslag (Fish Auction).
Inclusions for Volendam, Edam And Windmills Tour From Amsterdam
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
Exclusions for Volendam, Edam And Windmills Tour From Amsterdam
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.