Volterra And San Gimignano Tour With Vernaccia And Cheese Tasting From Florence
OverviewDiscover Volterra and the Alabaster Museum enjoying also the cheese tasting. Visit the medieval town of San Gimignano in the afternoon using your free time to visit it on your own. A final wine tasting in a farm and the visit to the Monteriggioni fortress will make this day unforgettable.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourVolterra, a beautiful Etruscan city, is often considered the most magic Tuscan hill town because of its captivating beauty. In the past Volterra was wholly surrounded by city-walls, nowadays visitors can still see a good part of the city's surrounding walls, which date back to the 4th century BC.
People from all over the world also appreciate Volterra for its connection to Twilight saga; in fact the town holds a great deal of legends and folklore connected with the legendary vampire creatures.
During the visit an expert guide will accompany you through the charming streets of the historic town center, which will allow you to appreciate the extraordinary cultural richness of the area.
The tour will continue with a visit to the Alabaster Museum where you can admire the stone that made Volterra famous around the world. Following that, you can relax while savoring a tasting of typical Tuscan cheeses in a specialized shop right in the heart of town.
In the afternoon you will discover and visit San Gimignano, the famous Medieval town declared UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy one hour of free time to stroll around the characteristic streets and alleyways, and experience the extraordinary atmosphere and landscapes of the Tuscan countryside.
Before ending the tour you will stop at a wine cellar in a close-by farm, where you will have the opportunity to taste a selection of locally-produced wines. On the way back to Florence, the last stop will be the stop to visit a Medieval fortress located in the Chianti region.
Inclusions for Volterra And San Gimignano Tour With Vernaccia And Cheese Tasting From Florence
- Free pickup upon request
- Travel by GT coach or minivan
- Expert multilingual tour leader
- Guided tour of Volterra
- Visit to the Alabaster museum
- Tasting of typical Tuscan cheeses
- Wine tasting in a famous estate
- Visit of medieval fortress
Exclusions for Volterra And San Gimignano Tour With Vernaccia And Cheese Tasting From Florence
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drop off service: 10 per person
Itinerary:08:45 am departure from Florence. Arrival to Volterra 10:30 am; clients will take a guided tour, enjoy a tasting of cheeses and some free time to explore the town.
04:00 pm departure from Volterra and arrival to San Gimignano at 04:30 pm. Clients will have 1 hour of free time to visit the town, and later enjoy a wine tasting in a close-by farm.
The tour ends with a visit to a medieval Chianti fortress before heading back to Florence.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Clients are not guaranteed to travel on the same bus for the entire tour.
The tour itinerary is planned using the connection buses of other tours, therefore clients will switch buses.
A tour leader will escort the clients throughout the whole itinerary.
The itinerary may be changed due to external factors such us strikes, bad weather etc.
Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Perugia and Assisi Day Trip from Florence
- Vintage Fiat 500 Panoramic Tour of Florence from Pisa
- Welcome to Florence Guided Walking Tour
- Chianti's Best Landscapes and Wine Tour
- Perfume Masterclass in Florence: Make your Own Ambient Fragrance
- Private Florence San Marco Museum Tour with Skip-the-Line Entry
- Skip the Line: Florence Accademia and Uffizi Gallery Tour
- Dan Brown 'Inferno' Tour of Florence