Voodoo And Cemetery Tour - New Orleans
OverviewJoin us as we learn about the History of Voodoo in New Orleans and visit St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, final resting place of the notorious Voodoo Queen Marie Paris Laveau. This is the only tour to visit real Voodoo Temples and Historic Catholic Churches with Historical ties to Voodoo in New Orleans. This tour is led by a real Voodoo Historian.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourMeet your voodoo historian guide in the French Quarter to begin your walking tour.
Voodoo (or voudou)is a Haitian folk religion which consists of various African magical beliefs and rites that have become mixed with Catholic elements. The origin of the word 'Voodoo' means 'spirit - an invisible, mysterious force that can intervene in human affairs.
During this tour, you will make your way through the historic French Quarter to St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, the final resting place of historys most revered Voodoo Queen,Marie Laveau. Guests will have the added bonus of visiting a Voodoo museum and will have the opportunity to purchase Voodoo 'magic' potions at Marie Laveaus Voodoo Shop before heading into the cemetery.
There are three St. Louis Cemeteries in New Orleans, but the oldest extant cemetery in the city is St. Louis Cemetery Number 1. It is still the site of several burials a year. Here you will notice that the cemetery's graves are above ground tombs, referred to as 'Cities of the Dead' because they resembled small houses and make the cemetery look like a city in itself.
To ensure the historic preservation of this local landmark, recent rules set by the Catholic Archdioesces of New Orleans require all visitors to this cemetery to be accompanied by a licensed tour guide.
Inclusions for Voodoo And Cemetery Tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Voodoo And Cemetery Tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- New Orleans Garden District Ghost Tour
- Destrehan Plantation and 16 passenger Airboat Tour Combo
- Large Airboat Swamp Tour with Hotel Pickup
- New Orleans Swamp Tour Boat Adventure With Pickup
- Combo: Oak Alley Plantation and Swamp Boat Tour
- 5 in 1 Ghost and Mystery Tour
- Hurricane Katrina Tour of New Orleans
- Whitney Plantation Tour