OverviewAn adventure you cant miss!This is a rare chance to explore one of the most amazing destinations inside the Hawaiian Islands. Home to Hawaiis tallest waterfall skying over 1300 feet tall, wild horses wading through a river that traces all the way back to the top of Mauna Kea and a beautiful black sand beach stretching over a mile wide. Not to mention the steepest county road in the country. Truly a place that takes the breath away and filledwithexcitement rich with Hawaiian history and culture.Because the rare ability to have a guided experience in Waipio and to keep a minimum impact we only offer our rent a guide service to this location. We also offer a hands on cultural experience on Private property with optional participation in our tree planting program. Please call to inquire different options on how you can make this a custom adventure you wont want to miss.
Know More about this tour
Located along the Hamakua Coast on the northeast shore of the Big Island of Hawaii, the Waipio Valley is the largest and most southern of the seven valleys on the windward side of the Kohala Mountains.
The Waipio Valley is a mile wide at the coastline and almost six miles deep. At the height of its rich history more than 10,000 Hawaiians lived, worked and flourished inside the fertile grounds and abundant agriculture. Wild coffee and mountain apples bloom and thrive beneath the huge canopies of over 100 foot monkey pod, kukui nut and java plumb trees. Wild horses that roam as if they were indigenous through the lush surroundings while local residents still practice some of the ancient kalo farming that their ancestors once taught many years before.
Waipio valley is a very sacred and holy place for the Hawaiian people and all activities done inside the valley must be held with the upmost respect and aloha for the land and its local residents.
Inclusions for Waipio Valley
- Professional Guide / Adventurist
- Catered Lunch from a Local Chef
- Snacks & Refreshments
- Equipment Pack
- Sunscreen / Lotions / Toiletries
- Bug Repellant
- First Aid Kit / Sanitizers
- Maps to all optional routes / Hikes / Destinations
- Snacks & Refreshments
- Towels / Rain Gear
Exclusions for Waipio Valley
- Comfortable Walking Shoes / Hiking Shoes
- Towel / Bathing Suite (Optional)
- Good Humor
- Lots of Rest
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Because all of our adventures are designed for you and your private group. We have the ability to customize routes, create our own time limits and enjoy a flexible itinerary that guarantees the best options regardless of weather or other conditions.There are some very beautiful scenic view points, large area of planted agriculture, pasture lands, rivers, waterfalls and gulches. But this adventure truly start when you looking down the cliffs of one of the most stunning valleys on the Big Island of Hawaii. Home of so much Hawaiian history and culture and sacred grounds for many of us locals who come to spend time here. The Pali (cliff) road that leads down the valley is the steepest grade county road in the USA dropping over 1,000ft in less than 3/4 mile. A 4x4 adventure through . . well, you'll just have to see. A journey into Waipio valley should be done with a purpose. To learn, experience, enjoy and take home a memory you will never forget. Because the rare ability to have a guided experience in Waipio and to keep a minimum impact on travelers into the Valley we only offer our rent a guide service at the moment to this location. Please call to inquire different options on how you can make this a custom adventure you won't want to miss.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- "Poopoo Land" Attraction Ticket
- Private Transfer - Cairo Airport Arrivals Hall to Hotel
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City
- Guided Tour of Cathedral of Holy Trinity