- Explore & virtually reconstruct Wajid Ali Shah's palace complex of Kaiserbagh on this 2 hour walking tour with a specialist walk leader.
- Curated photographs and maps are shown to guests, to help understand the construction of the complex.
- Wajid Ali Shah's personality as a ruler and as a person is narrated in the form of a story about his life in Lucknow.
- The walk ends with a refreshing cup of tea and a clip from a film shot in this area about the extinct culture is shown at a private home that is within a portion of this destroyed palace complex.
- Watch Chikan & Zari (embroidery)artisansat work at a private studio within the Kaiserbagh Palace Complex.
- Jute Walking bag with bottled water, notes on the subject and an old map too is included as a giveaway.
- The walk starts at 3 pm from UP Press Club, near Hotel Gemini Continental, Rani Laxmi Bai Marg, Lucknow.
- Everyday except Sunday and a few festival holidays.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Duration: 2 Hrs
Departure Time :
03:00 PM Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Departure Details :
यूपी प्रेस क्लब, लखनऊ, China Bazar Gate, VW3P+3PF, Wala Qadar Rd, DM Compound Colony, Kaiserbagh Officer's Colony, Qaisar Bagh, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226001, India
Return Details :
kotwara house, Baijal Communication Maurawan, Building, Maharaja Mahmudabad, Kaiserbagh Officer's Colony, Qaisar Bagh, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226001, India
Cancellation Policy : This activity is non-refundable Tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
Kaiserbagh Palace indeed did not have any parallel anywhere in the world. Kaiserbagh Palace Complex was in fact the most well planned works of grandeur by Wajid-Ali-Shah, the last ruler of Awadh, who himself was a great connoisseur of art in all its forms and the same innate personality reflected in his palace.Kaiserbagh later became a victim of British revenge, after the failed uprising in 1858, when the British recaptured sieged Lucknow and the ruler Wajid-Ali-Shah was deposed toCalcutta. As a consequence and revenge of the toughest time that the British forces had here, Kaiserbagh was unmindfully demolished.
Today sadly, only a few structures remain to be seen and it is indeed very hard to imagine that once it was, the worlds most beautiful palace complex.On this walking tour we explore the Kaiserbagh Palace Complex, reconstruct the area with the help of old pictures and maps and as a cherry on the cake, we treat you over a cup of tea
Know More about this tour
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Headsets to hear the guide clearly
Professional art historian guide
Coffee and/or Tea
Entry/Admission - Kaiserbagh Palace
Hotel pickup and drop-off. This can be arranged at an extra cost.
DVD (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
If Hotel pickup is requested, please note that pickup time will be prior to 3 pm.
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
COVID-19 vaccination required for guides