Walk In Florence And Then Meet David
OverviewWith this tour, you can choose to have a pleasant walk in Florence-which is just what you need to be introduced to the city and see its splendour. Get a taste of one of the most important and charming cities of UNESCO World Heritage. Walk through the amazing centre of Florence and discover its unique secular heritage and breathtaking beauty with an expert and fun tour guide. You will also enter the Accademia Gallery museum with a fast-track priority entrance ticket.
• Discover the original Michelangelo's masterpiece that has become the symbol of Renaissance splendour.
• Learn about the famous history of Florence and the prominence of the Medici family.
• Walk through the unexplored streets of Florence to absorb the Tuscan beauty.
• Be accompanied by a friendly and an expert guide who is in touch with nooks and corners of the city.
Know More about this tour
A pleasant walk in Florence is just what you need to be introduced to the city and its splendor and secular heritage!
Get the chance to have a taste of one of the most important and charming cities of UNESCO World Heritage. Walk through the amazing center of Florence and discover its unique secular heritage and breathtaking beauty with an expert and fun tour guide.
Our tour explores the historic and architectural evolution factors from the Roman foundation through medieval centuries and its Renaissance glorious period up to modern time Florence.
Learn about the Medici: masters of Florence.
The Medici family rose to become famous and revered throughout the Western world in the 14th and 15th Century.
The Medici came to power at a time of great social and economic inequality. They were great disrupters. Their banking practices led to the creation of a middle class, making them unimaginably wealthy. The Medici in turn used their vast power and resources to challenge traditional thinking, ushering in a new era of revolutionary art and science such as the world had never seen: the Renaissance. It's a powerful story that resonates even now.
Our professional guide will take you to some of the most important spots where the greatest minds and artists have stood and been inspired.
During this walk, you will see Piazza della Signoria with the town hall Palazzo Vecchio, the Duomo, the Baptistery with its ‘Gates of Paradise’, Giotto’s independent bell tower, Brunelleschi’s Dome, Santa Trinita and Orsanmichele Church, Pontevecchio Bridge and the secret Vasari Corridor, as well as famous shopping streets and the Oltrarno – the fourth and last district, the manual crafts neighbourhood.
Also, stop for a surprise “tasting”, a nice and delicious break during your pleasant walk.
Enter the Accademia Gallery museum with a fast-track priority entrance ticket and discover the original Michelangelo's masterpiece that has become the symbol of Renaissance splendour. The David.
Admire it from every perspective, gaze in awe at David, that dominates the central gallery of the museum.
The David was sculpted by a very young Michelangelo (in his twenties) entirely from a single block of local Carrara marble and it's 5.17 metres tall (17 ft). It represents the biblical hero David that killed Goliath and when it was unveiled, in 1504, it soon came to symbolize the defense of the civil liberties embodied in the Florentine Republic.
Admire also Michelangelo's famously unfinished sculptures – Prigioni and San Matteo.
The Accademia Gallery houses also many other masterpieces, both paintings and sculptures, from the Middle Ages to Renaissance, by the greatest artists, like Botticelli, Paolo Uccello, Andrea del Sarto and many more, which you will discover with your knowledgeable English-speaking guide.
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
Please note we do not visit the inside of monuments and museums.
This tour runs rain or shine.
Inclusions for Walk In Florence And Then Meet David
- Walking tour (2 and 1/2 half hours)
- Licensed English speaking guide
- A surprise tasting
- Accademia Gallery entrance (skip the line)
- English speaking licensed guide
- Earphones for groups over 12 pax
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 48 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 8 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 10%
- If you cancel between 8 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Overview of Florence Walking Tour
- Small-Group Palazzo Vecchio Secret Passages Tour with Lunch
- Vespa Tour of Fiesole and Mugello from Florence Including Wine and Espresso Tasting
- Private Tour: Florence Walking Tour
- Private tour Dan Brown Inferno Tour of Florence
- Livorno Arrival Transfer: Cruise Port to Central Florence
- Self-Drive Vintage Vespa Tour with Villa and Winery Tour
- Cooking Class in Traditional Tuscan Farm