Walk With The Penguins In Martillo Island - Ushuaia
OverviewMeet your guide at the touristic port of Ushuaia in downtown. We will then drive 90km on the legendary National Route N.3 and then Complementary Route J to historic Harberton Farm. The farm was founded in 1886 by an Anglican missionary, Thomas Bridges and it is still held by the family.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get up-close to native wildlife
Know More about this tourTake a 15 minute boat ride to Martillo Island on Beagle Channel.
Martillo Island is home to an incredible colony of Gentoo and Magellanics penguins between September and April.
The rookery hosts around 1000 nests and is one of the three Magellanic penguin rookeries in Tierra del Fuego. There is also a small colony of 9 breeding couples of gentoo penguins (Pygocelis Papua) the only one in South America.
Enjoy a 1-hour guided walk among the penguins in groups of 20 persons. It's truly an unique experience.
The penguins share the habitat with other birds, such as skas, petrels, cormorants, vultures and South American terns.
Then you will sail back to Harberton Farm where you will enjoy free time to visit this traditional Estancia. Walk around the gardens, the historic buildings, visit the Marine Mammals and Sea Birds Museum Acatushun and admire the views of the End of the World.
Transfer back to the touristic port at the end of the tour.
Inclusions for Walk With The Penguins In Martillo Island
- Professional bilingual English and Spanish tour guide
- Round-trip transportation from the port of Ushuaia to Harberton farm
- Round-trip boat ride from Harberton farm to Martillo Island
- 1-hour guided walk among the penguins
- Free time to explore Harberton farm and Museum Acatushun
Exclusions for Walk With The Penguins In Martillo Island
- Harberton Ranch entrance fee (ARS 240 per person)
- Food and beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that the tour does not include pick up at the hotel and starts from a meeting point. Our guide will meet you at the meeting point is 30 minutes before the beginning of the tour
This tour is not ideal for Cruise Ship Passengers because of tour schedules
You Might Also Like
- Beagle Channel and Sea Wolves Island Catamaran Cruise
- Tierra del Fuego Eco-Adventure: Beagle Channel Canoeing, Penguin Colony and Gable Island
- Beagle Channel Sailing Tour: Islands, Penguins and Estancia Harberton
- Ushuaia Shore Excursion: Private City Tour with End of the World and Maritime Museums
- Tierra del Fuego National Park Hike and Canoe Tour