Walking And Shopping In The Mid-Levels And Central Of Hong KongWrite a Review
The words variety and Hong Kong shopping go hand-in-tote bag. And thatâÂÂs not just in the range of goods on offer, but in the countless ways you can find and buy them. Whether youâÂÂre a âÂÂmallsterâÂÂ or a market hound, thereâÂÂs plenty to choose from in AsiaâÂÂs world city. This private walking excursion is designed to offer a distinctive experience to browse and shop in one of Hong Kong IslandâÂÂs oldest settlement in the Mid-Level and Central districts.
- Instant Confirmation
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tour
You will begin the excursion by ascending on the escalator (world's longest outdoor covered escalator system) from Central to the Mid-Levels
Your first stop is Upper Lascar Row("Lascars" were seamen from South Asia) better known as Cat Street - a narrow alley in Mid-Levels that runs parallel to Hollywood Road on the north side. It is a straight alley measuring over 509 feet where you can find such treasures, within its fantastic congregation of antique dealers, curio merchants and art galleries. This is also the place to go for bargains in jade, silk products, embroideries and wooden handicraft items.
Next, take a short stroll to the nearby PMQ passing the celebrated Man Mo Temple built in 1847.
The PMQ (literally meaning Police Married Quarters) is a site with several layers of historical significance being a number of school and colleges from 1889 to being the Hollywood Road Police Married Quarters in 1951. In 2009 the site was listed as one of eight projects under ‘Conserving Central.. Renamed as PMQ, the site is now a hub for design and creative industries.
Afterwards, continue along Hollywood Road lines with more antiques, curio shops and art galleries and head from the buzzing Central district where we visit the flagship store of Shanghai Tang in Duddell Street - a meticulously decorated store sprinkled with beautiful craftsmanship and a great go-to for hip Chinoiserie. Keeping in line with Shanghai Tang’s unique way of blending traditional Chinese elements with contemporary style, the 15,000-square-meter shop welcomes customers with a custom-made crystal chandelier that symbolizes longevity.
Inclusions for Walking And Shopping In The Mid-Levels And Central Of Hong Kong
- Professional shopping guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Walking And Shopping In The Mid-Levels And Central Of Hong Kong
- Food and drinks
- Personal expense
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of two adult guests per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.