This is a walking food tour through the Nishiki Food Market, an area known to locals as the Kitchen of Kyoto as it plays a huge part in supporting the Kyoto food industry. Business has been conducted here for the past 400 years and with one of the richest culinary atmospheres in the world, you will have a chance to sample some of the freshest food of your life.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
Your experience will include stops at 12 family owned stalls and shops which have stood the test of time.
At a few of the stops, you willsamplespecialty products like tsukemono (pickled vegetables from the surrounding mountainspreserved), yuuba (the world's smoothestsashimi tofu made from the world famous Kyoto mountain water), andsparkling sake straight from the tap.
At the other stops, you will buy some specialty items to enjoy later atlunch including Saba (Mackerel), Dashimaki Tamago (specialtygrilled egg dish made fromspecialty Kyoto fish and seaweed stock), Sansho (Japanese red pepper), Kamaboko (seafood preserved in fish paste), Tako (Octopus with quail egg) and Matcha (ground tea leaves).
During the tour, you will learn detailed information about the ingredientsof different Japanese dishes, how their food is prepared and what is used to eat it. You will learn the process, from the ground to your bowl, of how white rice is processed for consumptionand the origin of roasted tea leaves!
Your experience will do more than just give you a chance to taste Kyoto's delicious food but will also giveyou a sense the history and atmosphere of the Nishiki Marketexperienced by the Japanese forgenerations. You will enjoy stories from the past told directly from shopkeepers and families you will spend time with.
Inclusions for Walking Food Tour Of The Nishiki Market In Kyoto
- 7-course lunch
- Japanese Tea
- Local Pickles
- Local food sampling including seafood, fish cakes, tofu,etc
- Dried fruits tasting
Exclusions for Walking Food Tour Of The Nishiki Market In Kyoto
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult. Passport information copy is required for kids 10 and above.
Minimum drinking age is 21 years.
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking.
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Kyoto Full-Day Sightseeing Tour Including Nijo Castle And Kiyomizu Temple
- Kyoto And Nara Day Trip From Kyoto Including Nijo Castle
- Nara Afternoon Tour Of Todaiji Temple, Deer Park And Kasuga Shrine From Kyoto
- Kyoto World Heritage Hop-On Hop-Off Loop Bus
- 60 Minutes Ebisuya Rickshaw Tour In Higashiyama, Kyoto
- 90 Minutes Ebisuya Rickshaw Tour In Higashiyama, Kyoto
- Arashiyama And Sagano Walking Food Tour
- Half Day Kyoto Stroll With A Private Photographer
- Gion Walking Tour By Night
- Hidden Kyoto Bike Tour