- The historical Fire Tower in old city, built in 1910.
- The Qiao Jia Street that used to be lived with all celebrities in town during Ming and Qing dynasty.
- The Catalpa Garden, built by a Chinese industrialist and artist in the early 20th century, the buildings inside are the combination of Chinese, Gothic, Greek and Japanese architecture, this garden was used to entertain Albert Einstein in 1922.
- The Secluded Library ( not opened to public but to you), it is the garden of a ship owner in past and home of one resident at present, inside the houses are dated back to Qing dynasty more than 300 years ago with fascinating original carvings still on windows, gates, column and ceiling.
- The Nine-Rooms-Buildings, former residence of Xu Guangqi, a remarkable Chinese scholar officials 500 years ago. He is the first translator to introduce Catholic religion, western mathematics and astronomy into China.
- Home quarter lanes, food market and Mahjong room, where you could discover the daily fun of Shanghainese through street cooking, laundry, shopping, preparing fish and crabs at market and real seriousness in Mahjong games.
- The Confucius Temple, built in 1368-1398, dedicated to worship Confucius (BC551-479) who was a great thinker, educator, and founder of theConfucianismin China, is the only ancient architectural complex in Central Shanghai and had been the top learning institution of Shanghai over a long time.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Instant Confirmation
- Lowest Price Guaranteed
- Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
Departure Time :
9am, 1pm Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Departure Details :
Your centrally located hotel in Shanghai
Return Details :
The Confucius Temple
Cancellation Policy : For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
OverviewThis private 3-hour walking tour is designed for city walkers who are fond of off-the-beaten track routes. Your professional tour guide will lead you through deep alleys of old city neighborhood area, find you ancient carvings hidden behind hanging laundries, learn you the most original history and culture of Shanghai. The area you visit during the tour could be the oldest part of Shanghai, offering glimpse of ancient Chinese buildings that have survived through turbulent times and most likely will no longer exist within the next decade. If you are a history lover or want to know more about the old Shanghai memory, don't miss out this opportunity while you are in town.
Step back in time on a history tour
Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Private guide for a more personalized experience
All entrance fees included
Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tour
Excellent English-speaking guide
Entry/Admission - Shanghai Confucian Temple
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please wear comfortable shoes
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A maximum of 10 people per booking
Please indicate morning tour or afternoon tour in special requirement area upon booking
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You Might Also Like
Shanghai City Sightseeing Walking Tour Duration: 6 hrs
Half-Day Shanghai Old Town Market Private Walking Tour Duration: 4 hrs