OverviewPrivate small group tour to this legendary aspect of the city that has many unknown writings regarding the Imperial Capital and provides an excellent idea of its historical archives. You will go around the most unknown quarters of the city of Toledo walking through the labyrinth of the Islamic and convent streets. Discover the mystic writers, some night duel signs with swords in the least busy streets, the Inquisition secret prisons and some of the forgotten and now-vanished narrow streets. You will get to know the most astonishing legends of the Magic City: alchemists, wise persons, witchcraft and visit subterranean spaces.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Led by an art historian
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourFrom time immemorial, people from Toledo used to dig the solid rocks of the city with different aims: water supply, refuges during wars, secret passages, construction of thermal baths and tunnels. This gave rise to many legends over the centuries which, in some cases, contained historical and known information and in some other cases they tried to explain unexplainable aspects.
Over the years, some of these forgotten subterranean spaces have been valued and can be visited nowadays. Thanks to the Consorcio de la ciudad de Toledo (Consortium of the City of Toledo) the official guides of the city and all the person interested in this special tour are allowed to enter into these unique spaces. El pozo de El Salvador (El Salvador´s Well), la Casa del Judío (Jew´s House), las Termas Romanas y los baños árabes del Cenizal y el Caballel (Roman Thermae and Arabic Baths of El Cenizal and Caballel) are the exclusive, secret and mythic spaces to which we will go down with all of you walking around the city of Toledo.
Inclusions for Walking Tour Monumental Toledo
- Local guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour
Exclusions for Walking Tour Monumental Toledo
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.