Walking Tour Of Old Udaipur City Including Visit To City PalaceWrite a Review
On this 4-hour guided tour, visit the grand Udaipur City Palace, the famous Hindu temple, Bagor ki Haveli and Gangaur Ghat at lake Pichola. Walk into the narrow lanes of old Udaipur City to understand the art of miniature painting on this fun-filled walking tour of old Udaipur City.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Meet your professional guide at the designated meeting point to begin your tour. Walk on to the ramp of the main gate to reach the grand Udaipur city palace. It was built over a period of nearly 400 years being contributed by several kings of the dynasty, starting by the Maharana Udai Singh II as the capital of the Sisodia rajput clan in 1553. The City Palace in Udaipur was built in a flamboyant style and is considered the largest of its type in Rajasthan, a fusion of the Rajasthani and Mughal architectural styles, and was built on a hill top that gives a panoramic view of the city and its surrounding.
Walk 150m north of the City Palace’s Badi Pol entrance through a steep, elephant-flanked flight of steps. This busy Indo-Aryan temple was built by Maharana Jagat Singh in 1651. The wonderfully carved main structure enshrines a black stone image of Vishnu as Jagannath, Lord of the Universe. There’s also a brass image of the Garuda (Vishnu’s man-bird vehicle) in a shrine facing the main structure.
Walk further in the sloping and rising lanes of old Udaipur city to reach Gangaur Ghat. The Ghat, located in the heart of the city by the side of Lake Pichola is definitely one of the most scenic and beautiful destinations in Udaipur. Its name was originally taken after the most popular local festival of Udaipur called ‘Gangaur’.
Visit the gracious 18th-century Bagor Ki Haveli, set on the water’s edge in the Gangaur Ghat area, was built by a Mewar prime minister and has since been carefully restored. There are 138 rooms set around courtyards, some arranged to evoke the period during which the house was inhabited, while others house cultural displays, including – intriguingly enough – the world’s biggest turban.
Walk into the narrow streets of old city to see and understand the incomparable art. The miniature paintings are small in size, but they are extremely detailed and elaborate and this requires a high degree of skill and experience. In the intricate design, there is no way to hide even a small brushstroke gone wrong. The Miniature Paintings of Udaipur symbolize Rajasthan in many ways – colorful, detailed and opulent.
Walk back to starting point to end the tour with happy memories.
Inclusions for Walking Tour Of Old Udaipur City Including Visit To City Palace
- Professional Guide
Exclusions for Walking Tour Of Old Udaipur City Including Visit To City Palace
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (unless Tour Option is selected)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
You might also like
- Sunset Boat Cruise On Lake Pichola In Udaipur With Private Transport
- Full-Day Private Tour Of Udaipur Including A Boat Ride In Lake Pichola
- Private Tour: City Palace And Jagdish Temple In Udaipur
- Full-Day Private Tour Of Udaipur City Monuments
- Private Tour: Kumbhalgarh Fort Tour From Udaipur
- Private Tour: Chittaurgarh Fort From Udaipur
- Private City Tour Of Udaipur Including Eklingji And Nagda
- Private Arrival Transfer: Udaipur Airport To Hotel
- Udaipur 3 Days - 2 Nights
- Udaipur 2Days - 1Nights