Walking Tour Through BasseterreWrite a Review
OverviewStroll through the city of Basseterre where you'll visit the site of the first company and walk through the old village of Irish Town. You'll learn the rich history about Pall Mall Square (present day Independence Square) where slaves were once sold upon arrival to the island and goods were exchanged or bartered. We'll visit the National Museum, the Berkeley Memorial Clock, Piccadilly Circus, the courthouse, the Anglican Church and the Catholic Church. We take plenty of time to enjoy the local shops and a local drink.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMake your own way to Port Zante to meet your guide for your walking tour of the old fort city of Basseterre.
Stroll through the center of town to view the Berkeley Memorial that stands in the center of the Circus. Visit Independence Square (Pal Mal Square) which was central to the slave trade in the 17th and 18th centuries. Note the historic Anglican Church and Catholic Cathedral, and hear about their influence.
Continue to Irish Town, named after the indentured servants that came from Ireland in the 1600s. See homes that date to the 1600s before returning to Port Zante where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Walking Tour Through Basseterre
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Walking Tour Through Basseterre
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.