Warnemünde Shore Excursion: Private Potsdam Tour - Berlin
OverviewWhen your cruise ship docks at the port of Warnemünde, take an attraction-packed private excursion to Potsdam, a scenic town near Berlin that was long home to Prussian kings and German emperors. With your knowledgeable guide, design an itinerary that suits your particular interests. You may discover the lovely castle of Babelsberg, the lakeside Marble Palace or the breathtaking Sanssouci Palace. Or you could visit the Cecilienhof Palace, the site of the Potsdam Conference where Germany's fate was sealed after World War II. This scenic tour shows you the many fascinating sights that have helped earn Potsdam UNESCO World Heritage status.
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourAfter docking at Berlin's Warnemünde port, travel from your cruise ship in a chauffeur-driven luxury car toward Potsdam. During the 3-hour trip to Potsdam, you could drive through the district of Wannsee and see Schloss Glienicke and the Glienicke Bridge, where spy swaps took place during the Cold War.
Arrive at Schloss Charlottenburg where you'll meet your informative local guide. Together, adjust this sample itinerary to suit your particular interests. Listen to your guide share the rich history of Potsdam, which served as the residence of Prussian kings and German emperors of the House of Hohenzollern for three centuries.
Admire the majestic castle of Babelsberg, and visit the New Garden, a large park where the Marble Palace and Schloss Cecilienhof are located. Marvel at the neoclassical lakeside Marble Palace, and see Schloss Cecilienhof, where the leaders of America, Britain and the Soviet Union decided the future of Germany after WWII at the Potsdam Conference.
Pay a visit to the Russian colony of Alexandrowka where 13 wooden houses built in the 1800s for the Russian singers of the First Prussian Regiment of the Guards still stand. Recharge with a lunch break at a local restaurant in Potsdam (own expense). While downtown, you can also view St Nicholas Church and the town hall, as well as the city palace that's home to the Brandenburg Parliament.
You could then explore the Sanssouci Palace and marvel at its Rococo architecture and decor. Palaces are open on varying days of the week so your choice of palaces will depend on which day you take your tour. You may, for instance, visit Neue Kammern or Neues Palais at Sanssouci Park instead of Sanssouci Palace.
Being on a private tour makes it easy to ask your guide as many questions as you like about the sights you see and ensures a more relaxed, intimate experience. Keep in mind that since so much of this tour takes place in castles and parks, there's a fair amount of walking involved.
At the conclusion of your 11-hour scenic and educational tour of Potsdam, you'll be dropped off back at Warnemünde port.
Worry-Free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Warnemünde port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Warnemünde Shore Excursion: Private Potsdam Tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Local guide
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Warnemünde Shore Excursion: Private Potsdam Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Please list any special interests you have at time of booking under 'Special Requirements' so our guide can better prepare for your private tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Half-Day Guided Jewish Berlin History Walking Tour
- Cold War Walking Tour of Berlin
- Skip the Line: Madame Tussauds Berlin Admission Ticket
- Luxury Van Private Arrival Transfer: Berlin Schonefeld Airport
- Warnemnde Shore Excursion: Private Tour of Berlin's World War II and Cold War Sites
- Warnemuende Shore Excursion: Private Berlin Tour