Warnemünde Shore Excursion: Private Sachsenhausen And Berlin Tour
OverviewLeave your cruise ship at Warnemünde Port, and visit Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial and Berlin on a full-day private shore excursion! With a private guide, unravel the complexities of the Holocaust during the Nazi era of the Third Reich, and hear harrowing tales of prisoners’ fates and bravery. After traveling to nearby Berlin, explore the city on a sightseeing tour and discover a collection of Third Reich sights such as Hitler’s bunker and the Holocaust Memorial, as well as landmarks such as Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag.
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet your driver outside Warnemünde Port, and then hop inside your luxury vehicle for the 2-hour journey to the town of Oranienburg, just north of Berlin, where you'll meet your guide. The itinerary, as described below, is flexible and can be tailored to your preferences.
First stop is Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial in Oranienburg, a former Nazi camp that was set up in the early days of the Third Reich. Head inside with your guide to learn about the atrocities that once took place within its walls. A place of detention, Sachsenhausen was established in the summer of 1936 while the Olympic Games were underway in Berlin. In the nine year of its existence, the site held some 200,000 prisoners, of which around 50,000 were killed.
On your tour of the site, hear how conditions in the camp worsened after the infamous Night of Broken Glass (Kristallnacht) in November 1938 when thousands of Jews were arrested and brought to Sachsenhausen. Learn how Nazi guards used the camp’s execution complex — comprising a neck shot device and later a gas chamber — for the mass killing of nearly 10,000 Soviet prisoners of war, and listen to the heartening tale of the Jewish prisoners who were forced to forge millions of pounds in sterling.
After exploring the former camp with your guide, choose to eat at the onsite cafe or at an eatery in Oranienburg (own expense). Alternatively, head into Berlin first and then enjoy some free time for lunch in the city. The journey time from Oranienburg to central Berlin is roughly 45 minutes, but if traffic conditions are bad on the day of your tour, bear in mind that you may have less time to sightsee. Continue the theme of your morning’s tour and unravel the complex history of the Holocaust with a look at Berlin’s Third Reich sights.
Visit the poignant Holocaust Memorial that pays tribute to the six million Jews murdered during the Second World War, and see the former headquarters of the SS and Gestapo (the Nazi secret police). You’ll also see the site of Hitler’s bunker (Führerbunker) where the leader committed suicide at the end of WWII. Leave the city in the late afternoon, and travel back to Warnemünde Port where your shore excursion finishes.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Warnemünde Port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Warnemünde Shore Excursion: Private Sachsenhausen And Berlin Tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private guide
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Warnemünde Shore Excursion: Private Sachsenhausen And Berlin Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Please list any special interests you have at time of booking under 'Special Requirements' to alert our guide, so they can prepare for your private tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Walking Tour: World War 2 and Cold War Sites in Berlin
- Warnemnde Shore Excursion: Private Berlin Jewish History Tour
- Berlin Christmas Markets Walking Tour
- Berlin Culture and Modern Architecture Tour Including Kreuzberg Visit
- Luxury Van Private Departure Transfer: Berlin Schonefeld Airport
- Private Berlin Day and Night Photography Walking Tour