Washington DC Day Trip From New York City By Train
OverviewThis Washington DC day trip takes you from New York to the Capital in a comfortable, uncrowded train, giving you a full day to visit the most iconic monuments in the National Mall with an expert guide, stop for a history lesson (and a few pictures) in front of the White House, and join an official tour of the Capitol Building.
Know More about this tour
Start your day early, in Penn Station, where youll meet your group of no more than 15 people and guide then hop one of the first trains to Washington DC. Arrive at the national mall in just under 3.5 hours and head over to the the steps of the Capitol Building.
Join an official Capitol Building tour that takes you through the Crypt, Rotunda, and National statuary hall as a special, on-site guide tells you the story of how Americas founding fathers built a struggled to build a the foundations of the modern representative democracy.
After the Capitol building, head out into the National Mall for a tour of Americas most famous monuments. While standing in front of the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, and Vietnam War Memorial, your guide will tell you the stories of the people and events behind these jaw-dropping works of art and give you an even deeper appreciation of what they stand for.
Your final stop is the white house, where youll learn the history of this celebrated residence, from the Presidents who disliked living in it, to the First Ladies who have, at different times, truly made it their own.
After the White house, head back to you train station and arrive in NYC by 7:30 PM.
Inclusions for Washington DC Day Trip From New York City By Train
- Guided Tour of Washingtons Main Monuments
- Entrance to Capitol
- Round-trip transport from New York City by train
- Free time for lunch at own expense
- Small Groups of 15 people
- English-speaking expert guide
Exclusions for Washington DC Day Trip From New York City By Train
- Food and beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed on this tour
Unfortunately the supplier is unable to accommodate strollers on this tour
Comfortable walking shoes recommended
Tour is in English only
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The Sopranos Sites Tour
- Gossip Girl Sites Tour
- New York City Airport Luxury Departure Transfer
- Private Economy Arrival Transfer: New York Airports to Manhattan Hotels
- Private Economy Departure Transfer: Manhattan Hotels to New York Airports
- New York City Original Rock 'n' Roll Walking Tour
- Private New York City Transfer: Cruise Port to Airport
- Paint New York Icon and Exhibit