Washington DC Georgetown Walking Tour - Washington D. C.
OverviewRevel in the red brick charm of Washingtons oldest residential neighborhood during a two-hour walking through the Georgetown Historic District led by a licensed D.C. tour guide. Tree-lined streets showcase beautiful homes, houses of worship, and high-end shops.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourTo put it simply, a walk through Washingtons tony Georgetown neighborhood is a venture through time of 200-year-old mansions and their eccentric owners, of fortunes in trade won and lost, of marvelous architecture from Federal to Victorian, of the once-bustling freedman community Herring Hill, of political intrigue, of green preservation and urban renewal. And of course no one can mention Georgetown without the Kennedys. In the 1950s John F. Kennedy and his wife Jacqueline almost single-handedly turned the neighborhood into the citys politically fashionable place to live. Your guide will point out the houses of the movers and shakers, as well as the remarkable historic properties here that are open to the public (and yes, The Exorcist steps.) This two-hour, two-mile tour winds up in Georgetowns shopping and restaurant district just in time for lunch. Or if youre on a roll, your guide can point you to the C&O Canal, the historic and bucolic waterway. (Be prepared to climb a hill or two.)
On this walking tour of Washington, D.C.s Georgetown neighborhood you will see the house where budding chef and cookbook author Julie Child once lived. Learn about the Federal-style architecture that defines Georgetown and hear about the oldest African American church in Washington, D.C. Find out the location of one of Georgetowns original manor houses. See where Senator John F. Kennedy and wife Jacqueline lived when he was elected U.S. President and peer down the eerie Exorcist Steps.
Meet your guide at the little park located at 28th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to begin your walking tour through the Georgetown Historic District. The walk will travel approximately two miles through the residential portion of Georgetown, concluding at the Francis Scott Key Park. From the park, you can quickly walk to any number of cafes and restaurants for lunch or head to the breathtaking Georgetown waterfront to see another aspect of the neighborhood. Be prepared to walk up or down a hilly street or two.
Inclusions for Washington DC Georgetown Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Washington DC Georgetown Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.