Waterfall Heli-Trek: Big Island Helicopter Tour And Hiking Adventure - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
OverviewSee the best of old Hawaii and view several major volcanoes along with spectacular landscapes on this full-day helicopter and hiking tour. Fly for 1.5 hours with an expert pilot over the landmarks of the Big Island and Volcano National Park, including Kilauea, before landing in North Kohala to explore on foot. Your interpretive guide shares the history of the area during an easy hike past farms and the birthplace of kings. You'll gain an appreciation for the natural beauty of Hawaii from the ground and air on this comprehensive helicopter flight and hiking tour, including a picnic lunch and round-trip hotel transport.
- Qualified and professional pilot
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMake your own way to Kona International Airport to board your deluxe Bell 407 helicopter. Hear informative commentary from your expert pilot via the two-way radio communications system, and feel free to ask any questions that you may have during your 1.5-hour aerial tour.
En route to Volcanoes National Park, your pilot takes you over the world-famous Kona coffee growing region and past two of Hawaiis more impressive volcanoes: Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. Then see Kilauea, the national parks most famous volcano, and keep your eyes peeled as your pilot seeks out hot lava and new volcanic activity, often only viewable by helicopter.
Next, soak in the islands wild natural beauty as you buzz over emerald valleys where waterfalls cascade down sheer walls, then over to the coast where waves break on rocky cliffs and remote beaches. After these breathtaking views of the island from the air, your pilot lands in North Kohala.
Your Hawaii Forest and Trail interpretive guide meets you upon landing and takes you onto private property to see old Hawaii. Walk at a relaxed pace over foot bridges and past historic taro terraces while your local guide shares the history of the Kohala District. Learn about King Kamehameha I, who was born here in 1758, and how he united the Hawaiian Islands into one royal kingdom in 1810, after years of conflict.
Stop at a waterfall where you can take a refreshing swim. Then continue your hike to the town of Hawi, once the hub of the islands sugar industry. Hawi is now known for artist galleries, which you have time to browse while in town.
Expect to walk about 2 miles (3 km) at a leisurely pace, with walking staff, rain gear, towel and daypack provided. Enjoy a deli-style picnic lunch (ham, turkey or tuna sandwich with a side of fruit and vegetables plus desert) accompanied by assorted beverages, and return to Kona Airport by helicopter after your hike.
Inclusions for Waterfall Heli-Trek: Big Island Helicopter Tour And Hiking Adventure
- 1.5-hour helicopter tour
- 2-mile hike led by Hawaii Forest & Trail interpretive guide
- Deli-style picnic lunch and assorted beverages
- Walking staff, rain gear, warm wear, towel and day pack
- Ground transport from North Kohala to Kona Airport (after hike)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Waterfall Heli-Trek: Big Island Helicopter Tour And Hiking Adventure
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
Capacity Surcharge: All guests weighing between 265 and 315 lbs will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat.
Guests weighing above 315 lbs. at check-in will be charged for an extra seat for weight and balance purposes. The rate of the extra seat will be determined by the specific tour that they are booked on. This cost is calculated by adding an additional seat to the one that has already been purchased.
All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
Helicopter holds 6 passengers; larger groups may be separated
For a guaranteed window seat, make sure to upgrade to the window seating option
Vegetarian option can be accommodated if requested upon booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Zodiac Raft and Snorkeling Expedition in Kealakekua Bay
- Pearl Harbor History Remembered Tour from Ko Olina
- Small Group Surf Lesson
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Full-Day Tour from Kona
- Endangered Birds Of Hawaii
- Guaranteed Manta Ray Night Snorkel
- Dolphin Encounter and Kealakekua Bay Reef Snorkel
- Deluxe Kona Coast Snorkel and BBQ Cruise