See the picturesque cities of IrelandâÂÂs scenic southeast on a full-day rail tour from Dublin to Kilkenny and Waterford Crystal. Accompanied by a guide, travel by train to Kilkenny, an artsy and attractive city. Take a guided tour around its medieval streets and enjoy some free time before moving on to Waterford City. Tour the esteemed Waterford Crystal factory, which is responsible for producing many dazzling objects of beauty, including the Times Square New YearâÂÂs Eve Ball. End your tour with a scenic rail route back through the Suir Valley.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Rail Tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in Dublin’s Heuston Station in early morning and set off on a scenic rail journey to Kilkenny. Often hailed as the most attractive city in Ireland, Kilkenny is famous for its postcard-perfect medieval looks and its historical cathedrals, abbeys and castles.
Stroll around the cobbled streets and get an overview of the city’s history and top sights. Afterward, you'll enjoy free time, during which you might choose to pop into the renowned Kilkenny Design Centre, which stocks Irish fashion and handcrafts, or pay an entrance fee to visit Kilkenny Castle, a restored 12th-century castle that sits on the banks of the River Nore. Should you feel hungry, recharge with some refreshments (own expense) at a local cafe.
Next, leave Kilkenny by train and arrive in the waterfront city of Waterford, one of Ireland’s oldest settlements. You’ll enjoy free time to wander through the medieval narrow alleys and the busy port, or to grab a quick lunch at a local restaurant (own expense).
Then, meet your guide at the Waterford Crystal factory in the heart of the city. This renowned crystal producer, which has been operating for more than 200 years, has made many coveted and famous objects, including the Times Square New Year’s Eve Ball in New York City. Let a guide take you through the factory, where you’ll gain insight into the process of crystal making, from the art of crystal blowing through to cutting and engraving.
In late afternoon, leave Waterford by train and enjoy a scenic journey through the Suir Valley in County Tipperary. From the window, look out upon farmland, mountains and rivers. Change trains at Limerick for an express journey back to Dublin, where your tour finishes.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Waterford Crystal And Kilkenny Rail Trip From Dublin
- Expert guide
- All train tickets
- Information pack
- Entry and guided tour of Waterford Crystal
Exclusions for Waterford Crystal And Kilkenny Rail Trip From Dublin
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entry to Kilkenny Castle
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Wheelchair accessibility: As long as the passenger has some mobility then this tour would be suitable. Trains in Ireland are wheelchair friendly however buses/coaches are not. The guest would have to be able to climb the steps on to the bus. Mobility Scooters cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.