Waterford Treasures Medieval Museum: Admission Ticket
OverviewThe award winning Medieval Museum is the only museum in Europe built over two National monuments, the 13th century Choristers Hall and the 15th century Mayors Wine Vault. Tours can be taken by re-enactors or using our audio guides, at no extra cost.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Excellent value for money
- Ideal choice for families
- Popular choice with kids
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- All-inclusive tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourThe Medieval Museum houses the 13th century Choristers Hall and the 15th century Mayors Wine Vault, in the heart of Waterford's Viking Triangle and is the only museum of its kind in Ireland and Europe that is built over two national monuments. This striking new building reveals the story of Waterford through the middle Ages and visitors are wowed as they go underneath the new building into centuries old vaults.
On display are the magnificent Cloth of Gold vestments the only complete pre-reformation set to survive in Europe. It's the only complete set of medieval High Mass Vestments to survive in Northern Europe, which were lost for hundreds of years after they were hidden from Cromwells army in the floor of the then Christ Church Cathedral, the only piece of clothing to survive from King Henry VIIIs reign, the Cap of Maintenance, as well as the Great Charter Roll which was viewed by Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Ireland.
Take the tour with our costumed re-enactor, or use our multimedia handheld guide in English, French or German or just wander at your lesiure throughout the museum.
Inclusions for Waterford Treasures Medieval Museum: Admission Ticket
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Waterford Treasures Medieval Museum: Admission Ticket
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A maximum of 35 people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.