OverviewOnly minutes from Orlando, this paddling trip is the most scenic in all of central Florida. Come enjoy a day of paddling clear water, sand pine scrub, hammocks, pine flat woods and black water swamps. This trip offers a great opportunity to observe Alligators, the rare Black Bear, Manatee and numerous wading birds in their natural environment, all from the safety of your kayak. A riverside light lunch is provided picnic style.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourWekiva, a Native American Indian word meaning 'Spring of Water", is a 16-mile long river and is one of only two rivers in the state of Florida that has been named a National Wild and Scenic River due to its abundance of wildlife, amazing scenery and geology.
Your kayak tour starts as you make your own way to the departure point prior to 9am. Upon arrival you will need to sign a waiver, then your guides will go over the basics of kayaking, on the water safety and go over a variety of wildlife you can expect to experience on the tour.
At the half way point you will share a riverside picnic lunch. Lunch usually consists of cold cuts, cheeses, crackers, cookies, fresh fruit and bottled water.
At the end of the river a shuttle van will pick everyone up and drive you back to your cars at Katie's Landing.
Please note: the listed price does not include a USD3.00 State Park parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in
Inclusions for Wekiva River Kayak Tour
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Wekiva River Kayak Tour
- Please note: the listed price does not include a USD3.00 State Park parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
There is no minimum age, however all participants must know how to swim
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
It is recommended that you bring a swimsuit, towel, waterproof camera and wear clothes that can get wet and possibly dirty
To ensure a proper size kayak is available, please provide your individual heights and weights at the time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.