Wekiva River Stand Up Paddleboard Eco Tour - Orlando
OverviewStand up (or sit down) and paddle on the most beautiful river in Central Florida. Starting at Wekiva Island, you'll paddle to the head waters and main spring of the Wekiva River. Along the way you'll see a wild and scenic side of Florida in it's most natural state. Arriving at the springs, dock your board and take a short hike around the springs on a boardwalk through the woods and take in the beauty of Wekiva State Park.
Know More about this tourAfter checking in with your guide, you'll take part in a 15-minute orientation so you can familiarize yourself with basic paddling techniques needed for this trip up the Wekiva River.
After all passengers are comfortable on your boards, you'll start making your way up river. Expect to see lush vegetation featuring oak and cypress trees canopies and wildlife like turtles, birds, fish, otters, and maybe an occasional lazy gator. You'll paddle against a small current for about 1.5-miles before reaching the spring head. Once there, we'll tie-off your board and disembark at Wekiva State Park. At the state park you'll have the option to sit and relax or take a short hike around the springs. During the summer months, you can take a dip in the springs with one of your instructors who will show you how to swim through the spring head. Wekiva State park is home to wekiwa springs a first magnitude spring flowing 42 millions gallons of water daily.The area around the spring is largely undeveloped and has acres of untouched Florida Ecology. Among the wildlife of the park arecoyote,rabbit,deer,gray fox,bobcat,raccoon,opossumandblack bear.
After leaving the state park, board your paddleboard and let the current take you back to Wekiva Island. Along the way, enjoy the scenery and serenity of the river. Wekiva River Adventure Paddle !
Inclusions for Wekiva River Stand Up Paddleboard Eco Tour
- Entrance fees to Wekiva State Park
- All necessary equipment
- Safety orientation
Exclusions for Wekiva River Stand Up Paddleboard Eco Tour
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase) after the paddle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 15 years
Minors must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all paddlers
Dress code is comfortable for exercising
Must know how to swim
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.