Welcome Rome Semi Private Walking Tour
OverviewStart your holiday in Rome with a tour that gives you a general overview of the city, history, traditions, main squares but at the same time a tour where you can learn how to move, what to do and the secrets known only by locals!
Know More about this tourThe tour start at your hotel where you will meet a local guide. Beginning from the beautiful Piazza di Spagna the tour can be considereda tour of the pearls of Rome.From Piazza di Spagna in which the name is derived from the nearby Spanish Embassy.since the eighteenth century, designed by De Sanctis, the famous landmark has a monumental stairway of 135 steps leading into the square Trinita dei Monti which is the name of the church facing the apex built in the sixteenth century.
From the Spanish Steps the tour continues with a short walk of about 400 metres where we will arrive at the famous Trevi Fountain. The fountains are powered by the Roman aqueduct of the Acqua Vergine. The fountain depicts an ocean on a shell-shaped chariot pulled by sea horses, led by tritons. There is a custom, before leaving the tourist must throw a coin in the fountain and this act ensures the return to the Eternal City.
Then you will visitthe Pantheon, a building of ancient Rome, built as a temple to all the gods of Olympus. The Romans call it the Rotonna, or Ritonna ("La Rotonda"), from which it takes the name of the square. The Pantheon was rebuilt by Emperor Hadrian between 118 and 128 AD, the facade bears the inscription of Agrippa in bronze letters. The dome of the Pantheon is the largest in the world since ancient times.
Crossing Venice Square, the Roman Forum and after a stanning view of the Colosseum, we will endour tour at thePiazza Navonawhich in ancient Rome was the Stadium of Domitian, built by Emperor Domitian in 85 to accommodate the athletic games. Piazza Navona is the pride of Baroque Rome, with architectural elements and sculptures by masters such as Gian Lorenzo Bernini (Fountain of the Four Rivers in the center of the square, which is the Danube, the Ganges, the Nile and the Rio de la Plata, the four corners of the Earth), Francesco Borromini and Girolamo Rainaldi (the Church of St. Agnes in Agony, in front of the fountain by Bernini), and Pietro da Cortona (author of the frescoes of the gallery of the Palazzo Pamphili).
Inclusions for Welcome Rome Semi Private Walking Tour
- pick up from the hotel, drop off in Navona Square, Live Guide
Exclusions for Welcome Rome Semi Private Walking Tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
wear confortable clothes and shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- GOURMET WINE AND FOOD PAIRING CLASSES
- VIP After Hours Vatican Tour
- Sorrento Positano Amalfi Private Tour
- Colosseum Underground Tour, Arena Floor, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Colosseum Special Areas: Self-Guided Underground & Guided Panoramic Top Tiers
- ON THE BORGIA'S FOOTSTEPS: 2 days private tour
- What the Romans Eat - Rome Monti District Food Tour
- Odescalchi Castle in Bracciano: Entrance Ticket