Welcome To Florence Orientation Tour: City Stroll And Gelato
OverviewThis is the ultimate introduction to one of Italys most vibrant cities. Explore the streets of Florence with a local expert guide who will show you the biggest attractions like the Duomo and Palazzo Vecchio, as well as hidden gems, good restaurants, and the best neighborhoods to get lost in later in your visit.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
Florence is one of Italys most accessible cities but its also full of hidden gems and unexpected neighborhoods that are hard to discover without a little local guidance. This tour is all about helping you get your bearings in the city and taking you beyond the normal tourist route where youll be introduced to the authentic Florence that you are going to fall in love with.
Youll meet your local guide and an intimate group of 15 people to start your tour at 5 pm in central Florence. From there youll explore Dantes old neighborhood, gape at the massive dome of the Florence Duomo, and pause at Michelangelos house and the lovely Santa Croce church. Youll also pass the world-famous SantAmbrogio market - a spot that all serious foodies return to for lunch at least once during their stay.
Next youll stop in the Piazza della Signoria to marvel at the many statues that decorate it, including the famous replica of Michelangelos David. Dwarfing them all is the Palazzo Vecchio, the home of Florences government during the Renaissance and still one of the citys most impressive buildings.
From there youll head across the iconic Ponte Vecchio bridge and into our favorite neighborhood, the Oltrarno, to see where the locals eat and hang out. Youll also be introduced to lesser-visited gems like the Palazzo Pitti and Piazza Santo Spirito, along with the birthplace and portrait of Lisa Gherardini, the woman who modeled for da Vincis iconic Mona Lisa.
After 2.5 hours, and a delicious scoop of Florentine gelato on us, youll know your way around the city, and have a mental map of the spots you want to come back and visit when you have more time. Your guide will also offer plenty of advice and restaurant recommendations to help you plan for the coming days.
- Florence Duomo (outside)
- Dantes Neighborhood
- Michelangelos House (outside)
- Santa Croce
- Piazza della Signoria
- Palazzo Vecchio (outside)
- Ponte Vecchio
- Palazzo Pitti (outside)
- Piazza Santo Spirito
Inclusions for Welcome To Florence Orientation Tour: City Stroll And Gelato
- Expert local guide
- Small group of max 15 people
Exclusions for Welcome To Florence Orientation Tour: City Stroll And Gelato
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Tuscany Small-Group Day Trip with Chianti Dinner: Siena and San Gimignano
- Renaissance Florence Walking Tour
- Private Tour: Florence Shopping Tour to Gucci and Prada Outlet
- Viator Exclusive: Early Access to the Accademia Gallery in Florence with Breakfast
- Florence Cheese and Wine Tasting
- Cooking Lesson: From The Market To The Table in Florence