Welcome To Paris: City Stroll With Panorama And Macaroon Tasting
OverviewGetting your bearings in a city as large and vibrant as Paris can be overwhelming. Were here to help. On this relaxed Paris city stroll youll get the perfect introduction to central Paris in the company of one of our expert local guides and an intimate group of 15 people or fewer. Along the way, youll learn how to navigate the city, get great recommendations on where to eat (and where not to eat) and enjoy a crash course in the history, culture, and local lore that make Paris such a unique place. As a special treat, youll sample Pariss most stylish dessert at one of our favorite local spots.
Know More about this tour
If its your first trip to Paris, its a good idea to spend your first evening getting oriented to ensure the rest of your adventure goes off without a hitch. Theres no better way to do that than on this welcome stroll and city panorama. A local guide will introduce you to some of the most popular attractions while showing you how to navigate the city and giving you recommendations for later.
Your tour starts high up on the roof of Centre Pompidou for wonderful views of central Paris. Your guide will point out such iconic places as Montmartre, the Eiffel Tower, and Notre Dame Cathedral and show you the places youll be visiting next.
Down at street level, head into the winding streets of the Marais and the old Jewish neighborhood, listening to stories of some of the ethnic groups that have shaped the city over the centuries. This is a favorite area among Parisians for its chic boutiques, trendy bars, and great restaurants, many of which your guide will point out. See such beautiful spots as Place des Vosges, Pariss oldest and most beautiful square, where Victor Hugo once lived and wrote stories like The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Les Misrables. Discover one of the citys htels particulier at Htel de Sully, and explore the secret Village Saint Paul.
Next, dig deeper into Paris history on the Ile de la Cit and Ile de St. Louis, two of the oldest quarters in the city. Here youll learn about the origins of Paris and how it evolved from a humble Roman settlement into the most powerful and progressive city in Europe. Youll also stop by classic attractions like Notre Dame Cathedral and the Conciergerie, where Marie Antoinette was held and sentenced to death.
Crossing the Seine to the Left Bank, your guide leads you through the Latin Quarter and Saint Germain des Prs, two of Paris legendary neighborhoods. As you explore the old haunts of writers and libertines, youll also learn the best places to eat and drink, including a local bakery that serves you some fresh French macarons.
Your tour ends after three hours but the information you receive, both historical and practical, will stay with you for a lifetime. From restaurant recommendations to how to use the Metro, your guide makes sure that you are ready to maximize the rest of your stay in the City of Light.
Inclusions for Welcome To Paris: City Stroll With Panorama And Macaroon Tasting
- Macaron tasting
- Small groups of 15 or fewer
Exclusions for Welcome To Paris: City Stroll With Panorama And Macaroon Tasting
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Arrival Transfer from Paris Beauvais Till airport to City Center
- Paris to Versailles Round-Trip Coach Transfer
- Mobile Wifi Everywhere in Paris
- Private 2-Day Tour: Customize Your Perfect Stay in Paris
- Private One-Way Transfer: City of Paris
- ANZAC Day Trip from Paris: Dawn Service at Villers-Bretonneux and WWI Somme Battlefields Tour