OverviewDelve into the fascinating West Bank on this enlightening full-day trip from Jerusalem. Traveling with a guide, see the fabled Biblical sites of Bethlehem and the spot where Jesus is said to have been baptized on the Jordan River. Explore the vibrant town of Ramallah, and see the tomb of the Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat. A visit to the crumbled ruins of one of the world's oldest cities, Jericho, plus a tasty Arabic-style lunch and a stop at Aida Refugee Camp all add further memorable touches to this compelling tour.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Family friendly
- Ideal choice for families
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in central Jerusalem and travel by air-conditioned minivan through the desert landscapes and hills to the landlocked West Bank beside the western shores of the Jordan River.
Head for Qasr-el-Yahud, a site on the riverbanks where its believed that Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. Listen intently as your guide explains more about the Biblical importance of this holy place, and then continue to the site of ancient Jericho, believed to be one of the worlds oldest cities. Explore some of the haunting ruins that have been unearthed by archaeologists, some dating as far back as 9,000 BC.
Travel onward to the Palestinian town of Ramallah, considered as the unofficial capital of the West Bank. Walk through the bustling streets and visit the tomb of the Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, who was buried in a mausoleum here in 2007.
When you reach Bethlehem, enjoy an Arabic-style lunch at a local restaurant before exploring this holy city. See the Church of the Nativity, believed to stand where Jesus was born, and visit the Milk Grotto, whose walls are cited to have turned white from a drop of the Virgin Marys milk as she fed baby Jesus. Stroll through the Old City and colorful market and see the Separation Wall that divides the city from Israel.
As you leave, stop at Aida Refugee Camp, established in the 1950s. Visit its vibrant youth center to learn about the activities it provides for the camps women and children before returning to Jerusalem. Your tour finishes with a drop-off at the original starting point.
Inclusions for West Bank Tour From Jerusalem
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
Exclusions for West Bank Tour From Jerusalem
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please make a note of any specific dietary requests in the 'Special Requirements' field when booking
This tour itinerary may be subject to last-minute changes due to security considerations as well as religious holidays
Please note: The Mosque of Omar is not visited on this tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.