West Coast Florida 2-Day Trip: Everglades Park, Sanibel Island And Outlet Shopping - MiamiWrite a Review
OverviewExplore the west coast of Florida on this two day adventure. Experience the unique Florida wetlands, swamps and wildlife nature of Everglades Park. Soak in the sunshine on Sanibel Island in Fort Myers.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multi-Day Trip
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
Day 1: Tuesday – Miami – Everglades Park – Sanibel Island – Sunset Cruise
You’ll depart Miami from your preferred location of either South Beach or Bayside and begin your trip heading into Alligator alley, the only road that connects Southeastern Florida to the West coast of Florida. The first stop is Billie’s Swamp Safari (or similar), on the Big Cyprus Seminole Indian Reservation. Your visit starts with an Airboat ride to explore the “River of Grass” on the airboat ride trail. See fish, snakes, turtles, alligators and more in their natural environment. Trained guides will show you how nature has persevered in fashioning one of the world’s most intriguing environments. You'll have some time to stroll the grounds and enjoy many of the displays and exhibits in the park. Meet Liberty the resident Florida Panther she has the largest enclosure in South Florida or take a walk for about a quarter mile along the boardwalk nature trail that goes deep into the swamp under the cypress domes.
After your time in the park the tour will continue west towards Sanibel Island. Here you will have free time for lunch (at your own expense) and even a chance to get a quick swim or lay out on the beach if you like as this is one of Florida’s most beautiful islands.
Next your tour will head to the Ford Edison Estates. You will enjoy a visit to the estates of 2 famous figures of the 20th century Thomas Edison and Henry Ford. Led by enthusiastic site historians and docents, your tour includes the Edison compound, the Ford Estate and the Edison Botanic Research Lab. See the 1929 historic landscape, evident throughout the entire property including the award-winning Moonlight Garden.
Afterwards you’ll go for a short drive up to the cozy and charming village of Punta Gorda. Enjoy some free in the village before embarking on a sunset cruise and see the amazing sunset into the Gulf of Mexico. Overnight: Punta Gorda – Four Points by Sheraton or similar
Day 2: Wednesday – Wildlife Tour – For Myers River District – Outlet Shopping – Miami
You’ll begin your day continuing East to the Miccosukee Indian Village, and enjoy an opportunity to come face to face with wildlife in an old Florida setting. See local wildlife up close and personal, you will hear the history of the village and your local guide will identify the wildlife and ecosystems.
After your tour you will enjoy lunch (at your own expense) in the River District of Fort Myers. The district is known for its boutique shops, arts and culture, and an array of eclectic and fun eating choices.
And finally you’ll head out back through Alligator alley to Miami stopping along the way at an Outlet Mall (Sawgrass Mills or similar) for some 21st century bargain hunting.
Evening arrival in Miami.
Inclusions for West Coast Florida 2-Day Trip: Everglades Park, Sanibel Island And Outlet Shopping
- Professional tour guide
- Transportation by 15-passenger van or a full-sized bus
- 1-night hotel accommodation including tax and Continental Breakfast
- Admission to Billie’s Swamp Safari (or similar)
- Sunset Cruise on the Gulf of Mexico
- Admission to the Ford/Edison Museum
- Wifi on bus only
Exclusions for West Coast Florida 2-Day Trip: Everglades Park, Sanibel Island And Outlet Shopping
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted
Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
Maximum of three people per room. If traveling with a party of 4 or more, or desire to have separate rooms please make separate bookings.
Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
Luggage is limited to one piece and a small carry on per person
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.