Your expert, local guide will take you on a tour of Westminster Abbey with reserved access, bringing the 1,000-year history of the location to life. Then take a walking tour through the Horse Guards to St James's before watching the spectacular Changing of the Queen’s Guards, with the best view available.
- Your expert, local guide will take you on a tour of Westminster Abbey with reserved access, bringing the 1,000-year history of the location to life. Then take a walking tour through the Horse Guards to St James's before watching the spectacular Changing of the Queen’s Guards, with the best view available.
- Westminster Abbey : At 700-years old, this beautiful church is a London must-see. You’ll recognize it from countless historic moments captured on film and in photography, most recently the wedding of Prince William to Kate Middleton.
- Changing of the Queen’s Guard : One of the most spectacular and crowded events in London, watch as the guards in their red tunics and tall bearskin hats march in synchrony with the Household Cavalry.
- Buckingham Palace : You call it a palace, to the United Kingdom’s royal family, it’s simply home. Built for the Duke of Buckingham in 1703 it is now the royal residence of Queen Elizabeth II.
Know More about this tour
Your vacation time is priceless, so are the iconic London experiences you will have on this intimate two and a half hour morning tour. See one of the world’s most spectacular churches, Westminster Abbey, with reserved access. For over a thousand years, this has been the site of royal coronations, regal weddings, and is the resting place of countless monarchs, poets and famous historical figures.
Your expert, local guide will bring the halls and histories to life as they entertain you with the fascinating facts of this great edifice. Walk atop the footsteps of the many colorful characters that have traversed this area, from William the Conqueror to Queen Elizabeth II. See the Coronation Chair, commissioned by Edward the Confessor in 1296. Then tiptoe through the tombstones of 17 British monarchs, the Unknown Soldier beneath French soil and Belgian marble, and the English-language’s greatest wordsmiths in Poet’s Corner.
After the Abbey, you’ll be lead on a walking tour to the Changing of the Guards. Sure, this is a public affair you can go to see on your own, but then you won’t have an expert guide giving you background on the tradition and explaining what you are witnessing step by step, march by march. Plus, because of the popularity of this procession, crowds gather quite quickly, blocking the best views. Your guide will get you there at the perfect time and in prime position.
This world-renowned ceremony will commence at either Buckingham Palace or at Horse Guards Parade, dependent upon the day’s schedule. You’ll learn the history behind the pageant’s pomp and circumstance while marveling at the Queen’s Foot Guards and their unmistakable bearskin hats and ruby-red tunics. The military band or the Household Cavalry beneath their plumed silver helmets, will ride upon their magnificent steeds along with the guard, culminating in a visual and auditory experience like no other. (Please note, this event may be canceled at any time without notice due to inclement weather.)
We’ll wrap up your morning adventure at Buckingham Palace, home to Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh. You’ll have the opportunity to snap a photo of the royal family’s famous balcony where they appear, waving majestically to the crowd during major events. Your guide will tell you tales of intruders and heart-swept princes scaling the walls to get inside (and quickly descending back down to make their speedy exit as well). This tour is the perfect way to see some of the best London has to offer without dedicating much of your precious vacation time. And only City Wonders brings it together in a way that is as educational as it is entertaining. Don’t miss it.
Inclusions for Westminster Abbey And The Changing Of The Guard
- Two iconic London experiences in one morning.
- Expert English-speaking guide.
- Reserved access and guided visit of Westminster Abbey.
- Walking tour through the Horse Guards to St James’s.
- Best view of Changing of the Guards.
- Intimate group of 25 people or fewer.
- Audio headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide.
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 24 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.