Weston Wine Tour - Kansas City
OverviewExplore the best of Kansas city wine on this 5 hour wine tour. Ride in a comfortable mini bus with a knowledgeable, expert driver and guide as you sample three wines at three or more stops both within the urban core and at nearby vineyards. Get exclusive insight into the inner workings of an urban winery and discover Kansas City's burgeoning wine scene.
Know More about this tourEver wondered what an urban winery looks like and how it operates? Curious about why early brewers first decided to cultivate hops as a superior alternative for brewing beer than other flowering plants? Want to know why whiskey producers use copper stills to distil flavorful spirits from sour mash? Kansas city has seen an explosion of interest in craft beers, fine wines, and small production spirits in recent years, and larger numbers of people than ever before have started asking themselves these questions. This tour offers you the opportunity to answer some of these questions and more during a five-hour adventure trekking across Kansas City's urban core and outlying areas discovering what's happening in the urban wine scene.
This exclusive KC winery tour starts at the Cellar Rat Wine Merchant, a select purveyor in local and foreign wines. After meeting your affable, friendly driver/guide and partaking in a short, optional tasting, you will head to the minibus for a short drive to you first official winery location. The tour operator maintains partnerships with an ever-expanding portfolio of wineries and producers located within and around Kansas City and rotates among three select establishments to ensure variety and diversity throughout the trip. At each stop, you will taste a minimum of three different wines - both red and white - with additional pourings available at select locations. If you find something you want to take home, go ahead and purchase it! Each vehicle comes with a shared cooler holding water and small snacks and space to store wine throughout the day.
After visiting three select wineries and hearing the stories of these small business and the process by which they make wine, you will be dropped off back in central KC at your vehicle to make your way home from there. Don't forget to make arrangements for a ride home - this tour promotes learning and moderation while maintaining a safe environment throughout the day.
Inclusions for Weston Wine Tour
- Fully narrated tour
- 3+ wine tastings at three wineries
- Water and small snacks
- Transportation between stops
Exclusions for Weston Wine Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and additional wine (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 21 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for pregnant women
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.