Weta Cave Workshop Tour - Wellington
OverviewTour an exhibition hall of the worlds leading special effects studios at Weta Workshops, a must-see destination for 'The Lord of the Rings' fans visiting New Zealand. Start your visit on the right foot: A convenient shuttle transfer from central Wellington eliminates the hassle of driving and parking. The informative guided tour takes you through the Weta Cave exhibit for a fascinating behind-the-scenes look into the artistry of the LOTR trilogy, 'Avatar,' and 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2,' among many others.
Know More about this tourMeet at the Wellington i-SITE Visitor Centre to start your journey in a dedicated shuttle that takes you to Weta Studio Tours.
Your knowledgeable driver will highlight iconic Wellington film sites as you journey to Miramar. On arrival at the Weta Cave, snap photos with our life-sized sculptures, wander through our mini museum, and take a seat for our exclusive documentary, which includes interviews with Richard Taylor and Peter Jackson.
A Weta Workshop crew member will then guide you on a tour through a converted area of the Workshop. Get up close to the props, costumes and creatures from films like The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, and District 9. Hear our tales of filmmaking, see artists working on our tour stage, and learn secrets of movie magic! Conclude your journey with a return shuttle to central Wellington.
To see even more epic stuff, consider our There and Back Again: FULL EXPERIENCE, to enjoy a second filmmaking tour for only $20 extra (available for purchase on Viator).
Inclusions for Weta Cave Workshop Tour
- Admission ticket
- Guided return transfers - live commentary on board
- Priority seating to documentary
- Professional guided Weta Cave Workshop Tour
Exclusions for Weta Cave Workshop Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and beverages
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Photography is strictly prohibited in all tour spaces, unless specified by the tour guide
There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or at our tour spaces.
This tour takes place in a functioning workshop, so it can get a little drafty. We recommend bringing an extra warm layer or two
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them on board and disembark
Consider our There and Back Again: The Full Experience, for two filmmaking tours for an additional $20. See: https://www.viator.com/tours/Wellington/There-and-Back-Again-The-Full-Experience/d399-6611P7
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 65-Minute Southern Alps Helicopter Tour from Mount Cook
- 25-Minute Helicopter Adventure Including Tasman Glacier from Mount Cook
- Private Tour: Full-Day Martinborough Wine Tour Including Return Transfers
- Half-Day Wellington Foodie Experience
- Wellington Shore Excursion: City Sightseeing Tour
- Martinborough Guided Wine and Vine
- Rimutaka Inclined Cycle Tour
- Self Guided Martinborough Wineries Bike Tour