Whale Watching And Golden Circle Tour From Reykjavik
OverviewEnjoy two must-do Icelandic activities in one convenient day trip from Reykjavik. After a morning whale watching cruise around FaxaflÃ³i Bay, head out on a Golden Circle sightseeing tour to see the classic sites that make up the famous route. Stop to explore Thingvellir National Park, Geysir hot springs, Gullfoss waterfall and the village of HveragerÃ°i, and listen to commentary about each site from a knowledgeable guide.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourStart your day with a pickup from your city hotel, and travel to Reykjavik Old Harbour to board your whale watching boat. Cruise out into Faxafli Bay, away from the shoreline, and look out for the whales and seabirds for which Iceland is famous. The bay is one of the best places to see Icelands marine life, and minke whales, white-beaked dolphins and harbor porpoises are just a few of the creatures you may be lucky enough to see.
After roughly three hours, return to shore and swap your mode of transport to a coach for your afternoon Golden Circle tour. Listen as your guide talks about the route that loops into the heart of Iceland, and learn about the historical sights and natural phenomena ahead of you.
Your first stop is Thingvellir National Park, the area where Icelands first parliament was formed back in the first century. Take a walk around and gaze out over the rugged terrain as your guide gives the lowdown on the sites history.
From Thingvellir, continue to the waterfall of Gullfoss, known for its double cascades, and enjoy the spray of glacial water on your face as you stroll around the falls. Visit the bubbling Geysir hot springs, a geothermic marvel, and then stretch your legs on a visit to the village of Hverageri, known for its large quantity of hot springs and geothermal park.
Relax on the journey back to Reykjavik and finish with a drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Whale Watching And Golden Circle Tour From Reykjavik
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Use of coveralls
- Onboard Wi-Fi
Exclusions for Whale Watching And Golden Circle Tour From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress warmly; a hat and pair of gloves are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Day Trip to the Snfellsnes Peninsula from Reykjavik - The Wonders of Snaefellsnes
- Small-Group Hot Springs and Lava Cave Day Trip from Reykjavik
- 3-Hour 'Quad Mad' ATV Quad Adventure from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to the Glacier Lagoon: Jkulsrln with Boat Tour from Reykjavik
- Gulfoss and Geysir Express Half-Day Trip from Reykjavik
- Sea-Fishing Tour from Reykjavik