- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Duration: 8 Hrs
Departure Details :
Your centrally located Reykjavik hotel
Return Details :
Returns to original departure point
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
OverviewScan the seas for whales and take an exhilarating quad safari on this day trip from Reykjavik. Board an easy-to-operate, 2-seater quad bike for a thrilling 1-hour ride through the rugged Icelandic landscapes around Reykjavik. Rumble up a fell to enjoy the elevated views over the city and sea, and after your safari, travel to Reykjavik for a 3-hour whale watching cruise. Watch for minke and humpback whales, porpoises and dolphins, and look for seabirds and puffins on the shores as you drink in the majestic seascapes.
- Instant Confirmation
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Leave your centrally located Reykjavik hotel in a comfortable transfer vehicle and travel to the quad biking base just outside the city.
On arrival, get a safety briefing and directions on riding your 2-seater quad from an expert instructor. The bikes are automatic, so even if youre a novice, youll find them easy to operate. Then, put on the supplied coveralls, helmet and gloves, and take a test run before setting off behind your guide.
Coast along a tarmac road past beautiful hills and lakes, and then head off-road and feel your adrenaline race as you rumble and roar up the slopes of a fell.
Take in the awesome views over Reykjavik and the sea from the top, and then hop back on your quad for an exhilarating ride back down the slopes its a serious thrill.
After your 1-hour ride, arrive back at base and travel back to Reykjavik for your whale watching trip.
Enjoy some free time at Reykjavik Old Harbour to grab lunch (own expense) at one of the restaurants or cafes, and, if you wish, catch a multimedia show about whales that's staged on one of the harbor ships.
With your free time over, board your whale watching boat, put on the supplied coveralls, and settle on deck or in the cabin for your cruise in Faxafli Bay. During your trip, you can refuel with refreshments (own expense) from the onboard cafe whenever you wish.
Hear fascinating facts about the whales that frequent the local waters, and look for the seabirds and puffin colonies on the passing shores.
Watch for minke and humpback whales, harbor porpoises and white-beaked dolphins, and keep your camera ready these trips have an over 90% success rate for sightings! In the unlikely event that you dont spot whales or dolphins, youll receive a complimentary ticket for another boat trip.
After around three hours at sea, arrive back at the harbor, and end your experience with a hotel drop-off.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by comfortable transfer vehicle
- Use of quad bike, coveralls, helmet and gloves for quad safari
- Use of coveralls for whale watching trip
- Onboard Wi-Fi access on whale watching trip
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Warm jacket, hat and gloves recommended
Driver's license required
You Might Also Like
- Golden Circle Day Trip from Reykjavik plus Snowmobiling on Langjkull Glacier
- South Coast Classic Day Trip from Reykjavik with Guide and Touchscreen Audio
- Golden Circle Express Tour from Reykjavik Including Gullfoss and Geysir
- Guided Glacier Lagoon Tour
- Reykjavik City Walking Tour
- Golden Circle, Kerid Volcanic Crater and Blue Lagoon Day Trip from Reykjavik
- Small Group Golden Circle and Secret Lagoon Hot Springs Tour from Reykjavik
- Midnight Sun ATV Quad Adventure from Reykjavik