Whale Watching Tour From Reykjavik Old Harbour
OverviewEncounter whales, dolphins, porpoises and birds on a 3-hour cruise from Reykjavik and see the wildlife in their natural habitat off the capitals coast. Experience the drama and poetry of whales, seen on more than 95% of summer tours and 80% in winter.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourWhales are the most mysterious and fascinating of creatures, and some of the best whale watching in the world is off the coast of Iceland, where the ocean currents create excellent viewing conditions. Climb aboard a whale watching boat operated by an environmentally certified whale watching company in Iceland, and explore the southern part of Faxafloi Bay off Reykjaviks old harbor.
On the 3-4 hour tour you will have the chance to sail out onto the beautiful Faxafli bay, with great views of mount Esja, Akrafjall and the areas surrounding the bay. Common whales and dolphins spotted in Faxafli are: Humpback Whales, Minke Whales, White Beaked Dolphins and Harbour Porpoises.
Whales or Dolphins are seen on more than 90% of summer tours and 80% of winter tours. In the unlikely event you do not see a whale or a dolphin you receive a complimentary ticket to join us again. To ensure that the animals are not disturbed, boats sail at a constant speed towards the whales habitat. This is also part of a sustainability policy that tries to minimize oil use and pollution. Guides have gone through an extensive training program, based on exclusively developed guiding principles. They will provide entertaining and valuable information about the wildlife and scenery. And as a successful whale watching tour is a team effort, the crew works closely with passengers to spot whales, helping you feel an important part of the experience.
Note that you the tour may depart from other harbours such as Grindavk, Keflavk, Sandgeri or Hafnarfjrur (especially in winter 1 November 31 March). This is to ensure that guests have an opportunity to see whales even though sea conditions in Reykjavk are too rough. The tours can run for up to 5 hours with transportation in the event that the tour leaves from other harbours. Whales commonly seen from the other harbours are Orcas, Humpbacks, Blue whales (however they are quite rare), Minke whales, dolphins, porpoises and even pilot whales!
Inclusions for Whale Watching Tour From Reykjavik Old Harbour
- Professional guide
- Warm overalls, raincoats or blankets on board
Exclusions for Whale Watching Tour From Reykjavik Old Harbour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Please note: tour may need to sail from other harbours, if weather conditions are bad. In this case, the local operator will provide transportation to the harbour, and the tour will last up to 5 hours including transfers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Golden Circle Express Tour from Reykjavik
- Wonders of Snfellsnes Peninsula - Private Tour from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to the Snfellsnes Peninsula from Reykjavik - The Wonders of Snaefellsnes
- Small-Group Hot Springs and Lava Cave Day Trip from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to the Glacier Lagoon: Jkulsrln with Boat Tour from Reykjavik
- Gulfoss and Geysir Express Half-Day Trip from Reykjavik