Whirling Dervishes Show From Istanbul
OverviewDon't miss the opportunity to see whirling dervishes perform the Mevlevi Sema Ceremony at Istanbul's Hodjapasha cultural dance theatre. Proclaimed as a Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO.
- Ideal choice for families
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourDuration : 1 hour
Don't miss the opportunity to see whirling dervishes perform the Mevlevi Sema Ceremony at Istanbul's Hodjapasha cultural dance theatre. The ceremony features a complex musical repertoire called 'ayin' and the whirling dance performed by the dervishes represents the mythical journey of man's spiritual ascent through mind and love to perfection. It is a tradition more than 800 years old, and in 2005 it was proclaimed as a Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO.
The ceremony starts after a 15 minute classical instrumental performance by a traditional Turkish orchestra and lasts for around 45 minutes. It is accompanied by 360 degree video special effects projected on the walls of the beautiful historic building and some amazing lighting, adding to the atmosphere of this captivating ceremony. The total duration is one hour, and seats are numbered, so be sure to book early.
Inclusions for Whirling Dervishes Show From Istanbul
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Light refreshments
- Multilingual explanation booklet
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Whirling Dervishes Show From Istanbul
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour is a 'Guaranteed Departure' tour. This means it will depart regardless of how many people are booked on to it.
All sales related to this product are final and non-refundable. In case you wish to cancel the reservation you will be charged 100% cancellation fees.
You Might Also Like
- Golden Horn of Istanbul Tour
- 7-Day Turkey Explorer Tour from Istanbul
- Istanbul Small Group City Tour: Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar, St Sophia and Topkapi Palace
- 5-Day Aegean Tour from Istanbul: Gallipoli, Troy, Pergamum, Ephesus, Kusadasi, Pamukkale and Hierapolis
- Bosphorus Dinner and Show Cruise in Istanbul
- Private Day Trip from Istanbul to Ephesus and House of Virgin Mary