OverviewEnjoy a day of whisky and waterfalls on a day trip from Edinburgh, led by a friendly local guide! After a stop in the stately town of Stirling to see the Wallace Monument, travel through the Scottish Highlands, passing alongside Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. Stop at the Famous Grouse whisky distillery for lunch and a tour (both payable at own expense) and, after sampling a wee dram of whisky, continue to the Hermitage, a natural beauty spot thats home to the impressive Black Linn Falls.
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourLeave central Edinburgh and travel north through the countryside to the country’s ancient capital of Stirling, a town stepped in history. Gaze out of your window at the majestic sight of Stirling Castle, perched high on a craggy hill overlooking the town, and then stop for photos at the Wallace Monument while learning about William Wallace and his part in the medieval Wars of Independence.
After a break to stretch your legs, return to your coach and continue north through the Highlands, enjoying sights of the beautiful cattle (or ‘wee hairy coos’ as the Scots may say) that roam the wild and windswept countryside. Travel past Loch Earn, admiring its scenic beauty, and ogle the rich colors of Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park as you pass through the open parkland.
In the early afternoon, stop for a light lunch at one of Scotland’s most famous whisky distilleries – The Famous Grouse. If you are keen to learn more about whisky and its production, enjoy a tour of the distillery to see how the malts are dried and matured (own expense). After exploring the site, meet back up with any members of the group who opted not to do the tour and sample a small dram of whisky to revive your spirits.
Continue into the heart of Perthshire and stop for a walk at the Hermitage, a popular beauty spot where groves of trees frame the waterfalls and gushing waters of the River Braan. Amble through the woodland to the Hermitage’s spectacular Black Linn Falls, and after resting and taking photos, start your journey back toward Edinburgh.
Enjoy one last stop at the quaint village of Dunkeld, mentioned by Shakespeare in Macbeth, and visit the stunning Dunkeld Cathedral on the banks of the River Tay. Pass the impressive Forth Bridge just outside Edinburgh, and then finish your tour at the start point.
Inclusions for Whisky And Highland Waterfalls Day Trip From Edinburgh
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Whisky And Highland Waterfalls Day Trip From Edinburgh
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Distillery tour
- Dram of local whisky
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.