Whistler Glacier HikeWrite a Review
OverviewOn this 3.5-hour Glacier Hike, your guide will lead you across glacial snow and ice into the Whistler Bowl. You will be led on a short-roped mountaineering ascent of the alpine bowl – like how all of the world’s great peaks were traditionally climbed! Learn about glaciology and how to travel on and climb a glacier while recognizing and avoiding crevasses. At the top, enjoy the stunning alpine vistas and world-class photo opportunities before descending.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Meet at the Mountain Skills Academy and Adventures mountaintop office 15 minutes before your tour departure time. The ride on the Whistler Gondola from the village takes approximately 30 minutes. The 9am tour departure will take into account the first public load at 10am and the 9am tour guests will meet their guide at the base of the Gondola at 8:45am at the picnic tables.
At the office, meet your guide, sign a waiver, and be outfitted with your glacier travel gear. Next is a walk across either a beautiful alpine snow slope or a breathtaking glacial moraine and wildflower meadow (depending on the time of year and mountain conditions) as you approach the Whistler bowl and glacier. As you look up at the bowl, you will see Whistler Peak.
Along the walk, take advantage of the world-class photo opportunities of the pacific coast mountain ranges. The tour will conclude with a walk back to the mountaintop office.
This truly is a must-do day activity for anyone enjoying the pacific coastal mountains. No experience is necessary on this safe and fun Canadian trek. The tour will cover roughly 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) of mountain terrain and up to 656 feet (200 meters) of glacier hiking and climbing.
Your guide will establish a slow and steady pace throughout the tour. Nevertheless, a moderate level of fitness is recommended. As with all activities in the beautiful Canadian Alpine, each day is subject to varying mountain conditions. Please ask the staff what the mountain has in store for you and your visit.
Inclusions for Whistler Glacier Hike
- Small-group tour
- Local, professional guide
- All climbing and glacier equipment
Exclusions for Whistler Glacier Hike
- A Peak 2 Peak lift ticket for Whistler Mountain is required for this tour. If you have not already purchased a lift ticket(s), these are available at our village office or at any Whistler Blackcomb ticket window.
- Snacks, food and lunch
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please confirm shoe and harness size in 'special requirements' box at checkout
What to bring: Hiking boots (no sandals), gloves, backpack, water, snacks, lunch, extra layers and all weather jacket
Suitable for beginners (no climbing experience required)
Includes all climbing equipment required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.