Whistler Glacier Hike
OverviewOn this 3.5-hour Glacier Hike, your guide will lead you across glacial snow and ice into the Whistler Bowl. You will be led on a short-roped mountaineering ascent of the alpine bowl – like how all of the world’s great peaks were traditionally climbed! Learn about glaciology and how to travel on and climb a glacier while recognizing and avoiding crevasses. At the top, enjoy the stunning alpine vistas and world-class photo opportunities before descending.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide 15 minutes before your tour departure time. Morning tours meet their guide down in the village and ride the gondola together. Afternoon tours meet at the mountain top office at the top of the Whistler Village Gondola near the Roundhouse. The gondola ride takes about 30 minutes to be sure to leave with enough time to meet your guide at the top on time for your tour start.
At the mountain top office you will be outfitted with your glacier travel gear. Next is a walk across either a beautiful alpine snow slope or a breathtaking glacial moraine and wildflower meadow (depending on the time of year) as you approach the Whistler bowl and glacier. As you look up you will see Whistler Peak.
Along the hike, take advantage of the world-class photo opportunities and then descend the glacier. The tour will conclude with a walk back up to the mountaintop office.
This truly is a must-do activity! No experience is necessary but a moderate level of fitness is recommended. The tour covers roughly 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) of mountain terrain and up to 656 feet (200 meters) of glacier hiking and climbing.
Your guide will establish a slow and steady pace throughout the tour. Tours are subject to varying mountain conditions so we recommend bringing layers to keep warm and dry. It is usually quite a bit cooler at the top than down in the village.
Inclusions for Whistler Glacier Hike
- Small-group tour
- Local, professional guide
- All climbing and glacier equipment
Exclusions for Whistler Glacier Hike
- A Peak 2 Peak lift ticket for Whistler Mountain is required for this tour. You can buy tickets online, at Mountain Skills Academy village office, or at any Whistler Blackcomb ticket window. You must buy them prior to the day of your tour to avoid line-ups and missing your tour start time.
- Snacks and water
- Guide gratuity (suggested)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
What to bring: Hiking boots (no sandals), gloves, backpack, water, snacks, extra layers and all weather jacket
Suitable for beginners (no climbing experience required)
Includes all equipment required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.