Enjoy this unique and informative outdoor walking tour which traversesÂ the immediate environs outside the gates of the White House. Tour participantsÂ observe and learn about the White House both from the north (Lafayette Square and Pennsylvania Avenue) and south (the Ellipse and Constitution Avenue). Especially designed for first time visitors and those who are relatively new to Washington, D.C., this tourÂ provides an essential introductionÂ to theÂ most famous address in America: 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW. Bring your camera!
- Fully narrated tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
ThisÂ two-hour outdoor morning walking tourÂ isÂ designed for individuals, families and small groups, especially those who are making their first trip to Washington, D.C. or are relatively new to the city. Due to subject matter and duration,Â this tour is not suitable for children under twelve (12) years ofÂ age.Â The tour focuses primarily on theÂ White House, its history and former inhabitants, and onÂ the immediate environs around White House. Other sites which will be observed and discussed include:
Eisenhower Executive Office Building
Renwick Gallery of Art
Corcoran Gallery of Art
First Division Memorial
United States Capitol
World War II Memorial
ThisÂ moderately paced point-to-pointÂ walking tour is conducted by a licensed professional tour guide and local resident.
Inclusions for White House Outdoor Architectural And Political History Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for White House Outdoor Architectural And Political History Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking (two hours with brief standing stops) is involved.
Casual dress (weather specific) is suggested; comfortable shoes are highly recommended.
Subject to favorable weather conditions; full refund upon operator cancellation.
Unexpected construction, road closures and security issues may result in alternative tour routes and sites.
Not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
Not recommended for individuals with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions, individuals recovering from surgery or individuals who are pregnant.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.