White Island Volcano Helicopter Flight With Optional Tour From Tauranga
OverviewEnjoy an unforgettable helicopter flight over White Island, New Zealand's most active volcano. This 70-minute flight will take you over one of the world's most unique geological sites. Choose to either enjoy a flight over the volcano or add on a landing and tour option, where you will land in the crater of the volcano!
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Scenic helicopter flight
Know More about this tour
Take advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to land and walk in the crater of New Zealand's most active volcano.
Words cannot express the experience that is walking on the active crater floor of White Island. The unique lunar landscape is an integral part of the Pacific ring of fire. This active volcano is located 52 kilometers off the Bay of Plenty coastline. White Island (or Whakaari as it was named by the Maori before Europeans arrived) is New Zealands most active volcano and was once home to factory workers who mined the Island for sulfur. Ruined remains of this hard life still exist today.
This continuously active volcano, with sulfur-lipped fumaroles, active volcanic vents, steaming Crater Lake, bubbling mud pools, hot streams and desolate mining ruins provides a surreal experience. You will feel like you are walking on a different planet. Tour ends at the original departure location.
Inclusions for White Island Volcano Helicopter Flight With Optional Tour From Tauranga
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off (if advised at time of booking)
- Helicopter tour
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for White Island Volcano Helicopter Flight With Optional Tour From Tauranga
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Not recommended for child aged 11 and under
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A moderate amount of walking is involved
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
Maximum weight allowed per seat is 286lbs (130kg)
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
If you would like to be picked up from your hotel or cruise ship terminal instead of meeting at the meeting point, please advise your hotel information in the 'Special Requirements' section at time of booking so the supplier can arrange this with you.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.