OverviewExciting rapids, mind-blowing scenery, and one of the most remote single-day river settings on Earth make the East Glacial River Iceland's signature rafting trip! Get right into the action and see for yourself why the “East” has been consistently rated as one of Europe’s best rafting day trips and topped popular guide books’ lists of "must-do's" in Iceland.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
- All necessary equipment included
Know More about this tourThis whitewater adventure delivers an unforgettable journey into the untamed beauty of Iceland’s river wilderness and a dose of adrenaline strong enough to satisfy the most powerful of cravings. For those traveling to Iceland with a thirst for adventure, this day trip is not to be missed.
Make your way to the rafting base in Hafgrímsstaðir where your adenture starts. Begin with a coffee while meeting your international team of guides at the river base, where you will get prepared and dressed into drysuits for the trip. From there, the rafting bus follows the road deep into the Austurdalur wilderness to the put-in point for the raft on the famous East Glacial River canyon. After a full explanation, demonstration, and training with your guides and safety kayakers, hit the water for a 3-hour, 18km descent of rapids such as "Alarm Clock", "Commitment", "Screaming Lady", "Green Room", "Deep Fry", "Waterfall", and many more. Conditions permitting, cap off your paddle with an 8-metre cliff jump and a swim in the energizing glacial waters.
Along the way, enjoy a riverside snack of freshly-baked waffles, jam, whipped cream, and hot chocolate, all homemade at the only farmhouse left in the valley and sent down into the canyon on a wire!
Inclusions for White Water Rafting Day Trip From Hafgrímsstaðir: Grade 4 Rafting On The East Glacial River
- All rafting equipment: drysuit, PFD, helmet, booties, gloves
- Qualified, professional raft guides and safety kayakers
- Transportation between the rafting base and the river
- Riverside refreshments: freshly baked waffles and homemade hot chocolate
- Transport from Akureyri (only if option selected at time of booking)
Exclusions for White Water Rafting Day Trip From Hafgrímsstaðir: Grade 4 Rafting On The East Glacial River
- Additional food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Recommended items to bring: thermal underwear/base layers, warm fleece top/wool sweater, fleece pants/extra long johns, thick wool socks/hiking socks, change of clothes for after the river, any necessary medications (asthma inhalers, etc.) and waterproof camera (optional)
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.