OverviewGo rafting on a half-day adventure down the River Tay in Scotland. Groups are of various sizes and ages (children aged over 8 years) from Aberfeldy to Grandtully in this perfect introductory river. A thrilling white water rafting experience, groups are accompanied by experienced guides. You can expect adventure, excitement and guaranteed fun!
River Tay rafting trips are available mornings and afternoons throughout the year except Mondays and Tuesdays (these are dedicated fishing days). We provide all equipment (wetsuit, lifejacket, helmet, paddle) and transport
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Popular choice with kids
- All-inclusive tour
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourThe famous River Tay is the perfect introductory river to take out first time adventurers. A thrilling half-day experience for all ages and sizes of group, rafting on River Tay offers you the perfect conditions to get your feet wet and learn rafting skills from our expert guides. This six miles journey starts at our home base in Aberfeldy and ends in Grandtully. At the start of your journey to the rapids, you will be able to enjoy stunning scenery along the Tay Valley as the river winds lazily through the valley; rolling hills, diverse wildlife and tranquillity are hallmark features of this beautiful landscape.
As you acclimate to your surroundings, your guides will teach you rafting techniques through a series of interactive and challenging games. You and your group will have ample opportunity to practice your newly learnt rafting skills before the river drops away and you encounter your first rapids. River Tay keeps first time rafters and seasoned rafters on their toes; Rapids such as 'Zoom Flume' and 'The Washing Machine' will offer your first set of exciting rapid challenges, before the grand finale: 'The Grandtully Rapid'. This is the longest rapid on the river and provides one or two surprises for the unwary rafter!
Starting from our base in Aberfeldy, your half-day rafting trip includes all equipment, transport on and off the river, experienced raft guides on each raft, a trip leader on each trip and an operations manager on dry land. We also include free professional photography with every trip which you can download and share with your friends and family.
White water rafting trips on the River Tay with Splash are available every day (morning and afternoon) throughout the week, all year round (except Monday and Tuesday as these are dedicated Fishing Day). This river is suitable for all levels of experience from beginner to advanced, adults and children (aged over 8 years), and all group sizes including individuals, couples and groups.
Inclusions for White Water Rafting On The River Tay From Aberfeldy
- Professional guide
- Professional photographer guide who takes free photos
- Wet suits and all safety gear included
Exclusions for White Water Rafting On The River Tay From Aberfeldy
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Bring personal swim suit /shorts
- Bring personal Towel
- Bring Training shoes that can get wet
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 8 years
Bring training shoes that can get wet
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.