White Water Rafting Tour From San Martin De Los Andes At Rio Chimehuin - San Martín De Los AndesWrite a Review
OverviewPaddle through Class II and III rapids on this rafting tour down the Ro Chimehun in Argentina. On this 6-hour trip, follow a guide down the moderate yet exciting rapids that flow through the Andean forests. Before rafting, glimpse the ice-capped Lann Volcano and stop at a beautiful glacial lake in Lann National Park during a scenic drive. Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour ensuring a more memorable experience. As a bonus, hotel transport from San Martin de los Andes is also included.
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourAfter a midday hotel pickup by minivan in San Martin de los Andes, travel with your guide on a scenic drive northwest of the city, with a break along the way to purchase coffee and snacks. Catch sight of Lann Volcano, cone-shaped and ice-covered, straddling the border of Argentina and Chile, and admire the views of the Andean forests and the Patagonian Steppe.
Disembark and stop to take photos of Lake Huechulafquen, a glacial lake and the largest body of water in Lann National Park. Learn more about the local geology and the eastern end of the lake, which is a well-known fly-fishing location for trout, and also is the mouth of Ro Chimehun a site that you'll soon be that youll be cruising down aboard a raft.
Travel the short distance to the start point to receive a safety briefing and get fitted with a life jacket, helmet, protective suit and an oar. With everyone on board, and with a little push from your guide, head straight into Ro Chimehun. Your descent lasts a little over 90 minutes. Depending on the time of year, expect a mix of Class II and III rapids, providing an easygoing and exciting adventure for both beginners and more advanced rafters alike.
As you whoosh down the river, pass by its nooks and channels with winsome names such as Fast Sauce, Wolfs Mouth, Wind Wall, Horseshoe and Widows. If you take the tour in the fall, encounter waves that swell as high as 6 feet (2 meters). In the winter, the water flow runs shallower, allowing for a thrilling, bumpy ride over natural stone steps and rocky mazes. During warmer months, look out for an array of wildlife including deer, boar, vultures, ducks and the bright-blue Martin Pescadors or, river kingfishers snapping fish into their beaks.
Paddle to a deserted beach for a snack break of coffee and facturas, traditional sweet rolls. Relax here for a while and take in the idyllic scenery before climbing back into your raft.
Finish your descent down the river and then pull ashore at the exit point, where your minivan awaits. Freshen up with a change of clothing and then relax on the journey back to your hotel.
Inclusions for White Water Rafting Tour From San Martin De Los Andes At Rio Chimehuin
- Professional guide
- All necessary equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for White Water Rafting Tour From San Martin De Los Andes At Rio Chimehuin
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum age is 5 years
Maximum weight is 350 lbs (159 kg)
Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
It is recommended that you wear a swimsuit and bring sunscreen, a towel and a change of clothes
Seasonal product operating October to May
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Huechulafquen Lake And Lanin Volcano Full Day Tour
- Villa La Angostura Through 7 Lakes
- Villa Quila Quina (July - Dec)
- Trip To Hua Hum (July - Dec)
- Cerro Falkner Hiking Tour From San Martín De Los Andes
- Lake Huechulafquen And Lanín Volcano Day Trip
- Lácar Lake Kayaking Adventure From San Martin De Los Andes
- Road Of The Seven Lakes To Villa La Angostura From San Martin De Los Andes
- Hua Hum Day Trip From San Martin De Los Andes Including Lanin National Park And Cachin Waterfall Hike
- Lanin National Park Horseback Riding Tour: Quila Quina Valley And Mapuche Culture