Whitewater Rafting - Chiang MaiWrite a Review
Tackle some of Thailand’s best whitewater rapids on a full-day rafting adventure from Chiang Mai. Expert guides ensure your safety as you cruise through the jungle along class III and IV rapids, and an included lunch and other amenities make for a worry-free day in the wilds of Northern Thailand.
- Full-day whitewater rafting trip from Chiang Mai
- Navigate some of Thailand's best class III and IV rapids
- Great way to experience the unspoiled jungle scenery of Northern Thailand
- Course can be customized for different experience levels
- Safety is a top priority for expert river guides
Know More about this tour
Prepare for morning pickup at your Chiang Mai hotel, and drive around 1.5 hours to reach the rafting base camp. When you arrive, get a safety orientation and gear up with state-of-the-art helmets and life vests. The camp provides all the amenities you need to stay comfortable, including lockers, changing rooms with showers, and a minimart to pick up any last-minute snacks or supplies before launching onto the water.
The river course features three different sections, beginning with a relatively calm stretch that winds through a lush, shady jungle and contains one class III rapid to warm up your paddling skills. Next, prepare to get wet on an adrenaline-pumping section peppered with class III and IV rapids that count among some of Thailand’s best whitewater. Finally, relax and soak up the scenery during a period of calm before finishing up the 6-mile (10-km) course with a thrilling patch of near-continuous rapids.
Rafters under the age of 15 or those who are less experienced can opt to skip the more challenging sections of the course by hopping out of the river and riding in a van along a road for about 1.2 miles (2 km), then rejoining the group after the most difficult stretch. Please note that river conditions can change depending on water levels. During high water times, total time on the river will be about 2 hours, while lower levels generally result in a 2.5-hour trip.
After your victorious trip down the river, shower and change into dry clothes if you like and enjoy an included lunch of fried chicken with rice, fruit, salad, coffee, and tea. Vegetarian options are also available if requested in advance. Relax on the return ride to Chiang Mai, where the adventure concludes with hotel drop-off in the afternoon.
Inclusions for Whitewater Rafting
- Includes a lunch with vegetarian options available
- Includes transportation in airconed mini-van to and from Chiang Mai City
Exclusions for Whitewater Rafting
- Drink and Snack Shop is available
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.