Whitewater Rafting Class III On The Chiriqui Viejo River, Panama - Boquete
OverviewIt doesnt get better than the whitewater rafting in Panama! With world-class whitewater runs amidst remote natural beauty, Panamas Chiriqui Viejo River provides for an amazing whitewater experience for all ages and experience levels. The Class II-III whitewater run passes through the regions natural topography, abundant watersheds, and incredible biological and wildlife diversity, offering a high-adrenaline and heart-pumping ride down the wild river of Panama.
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourEnjoy a whitewater rafting day of adventure after meeting at the office at 8:15am to get properly prepared and briefed. Despite whether it is raining anywhere else in the country, the year-round sunny skies and lower elevation on the Chiriqui Viejo River allows you to maximize your sun time during your vacation. The comfortable air-conditioned transport vehicle will take you to the river where the guides will be waiting to suit you up in a life jacket, water shoes, helmet, and a paddle. The brief safety demonstration will highlight proper paddling techniques, review guide commands such as "forward" "back" and "stop," and give tips of how best to stay in the raft. Wet suits are not needed for this tropical warm water river run.
The journey through the jungle will start with some excellent high-volume first rapids to get the heart racing. The expert local guides' experience and steering techniques, as well as their sense of humor, will add to the excitement of the ride. Be prepared to see interesting wildlife such as squirrel monkeys, herons, kingfishers, and egrets around every bend of the river, as well as enjoy passing by local countryside farms with cattle, horses, farmers and cowboys.
The day will pause around noon for a buffet lunch riverside when the guides will cut up fresh fruit and vegetables, as well as provide assemble-your-own sandwiches with the best local ingredients. All personal dietary restrictions can be easily accommodated. Once the fresh food has settled and break time is finished, you will load back into the rafts to continue the day's excitement.
At approximately 2pm, after around 8.5 miles (14 km) the trip will finish up at the take-out with beers and sodas to celebrate with the guides. Take a group or raft team photo with your raft guide to take the memories home. Your vehicle will be waiting to return you to Boquete around 3:30pm. Don't forget to look up your free photos after the trip.
Inclusions for Whitewater Rafting Class III On The Chiriqui Viejo River, Panama
- Use of helmet, life jacket, water shoes, and paddle
- Local experienced rafting guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or van
- Hearty lunch with fresh vegetables, fruit, make your own sandwiches
- Beverages such as juice, tea, sodas, and beer
- Souvenir tour photos with free download
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Whitewater Rafting Class III On The Chiriqui Viejo River, Panama
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Meeting location is in the Boquete Outdoor Adventures office located in Boquete, Panama
Minimum age is 5 years
A current valid passport is required to bring on the day of the tour
Subject to favorable river conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Trip cancellation is possible if not a minimum number of clients is met
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Due to uneven surfaces and river conditions, this tour is not for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.