Whitewater Rafting On The Chirripó River From San Jose
OverviewGet a taste of Costa Rica's untamed rivers on a Chirrip River whitewater rafting trip. Located just an hours drive from San Jose, this section of the Chirrip River thrills rafters with continuous action on a series of Class III rapids! Your expert guide provides all instruction and equipment for the day; you bring your sense of adventure. Be prepared to get wet and paddle hard as you rush along this spectacularly scenic river, surrounded by dense forest. Choose a morning or midday departure and relax while eating a tasty lunch at a local restaurant.
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourAfter pickup at your central San Jose hotel, travel by comfortable coach on a scenic 1-hour journey to the Chirrip River.
Once you arrive at the river, take in the stunning scenery of red rock and lush green vegetation. Near the Irazu volcano, the river sports an orange tint from volcanic sulphur deposits that have washed into the water. Your expert guide provides a safety briefing, paddling instructions and all rafting equipment as you get outfitted in your lifejacket, helmet and paddle. Then you're ready to hit the river!
Enjoy the adrenaline rush as you raft through waves and holes on more than 20 Class III rapids. Expect to spend about two hours on the river with a lot of action throughout the adventure. At the halfway point, refuel at a rest stop where your guide provides a platter of fresh tropical fruit.
After the fun and thrills of rafting the Chirrip River, dry off and enjoy the delicious eats as you share stories about your rafting adventures. While riding back to San Jose, take in the beautiful landscape around you as you pass through Braulio Carrillo National Park.
Inclusions for Whitewater Rafting On The Chirripó River From San Jose
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned van or coach (depending on the group size)
- Certified guide
- All river-rafting equipment
Exclusions for Whitewater Rafting On The Chirripó River From San Jose
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Minimum age is 12 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes
Please bring a swimsuit, towel, sandals and a change of clothes
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Note: During the rainy season, the tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date/tour option
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- San Jose Evening Tour with Dinner in Escaz
- Rafting in The Sarapiqui River Class III - IV
- San Jose Zipline Canopy Tour
- Overnight Manuel Antonio National Park Hiking and Zipline Tour
- Nightlife Hop on Hop Off Tour in San Jose
- Day Trip from San Jose to Irazu Volcano National Park, Cartago City and Orosi Valley